BC Boards

Jin hospitalized.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to hold him this evening. When I got to the vet he was out of his cage so I just sat down and he came to me they way Glynnis used to. First a nose then some toes and toes that trail and then a tail. He was contented just to lay there curled up while I played with his ears and filled him with love and kisses including one from Sue on his nose. He really wasn't happy about the whole thing. His ears and nose were normal to the touch and no diarrhea at all today. When he curled into me he gave me a sniff over. I think that's a good sign. It felt wonderful just to hold him for half an hour and I left feeling the best I've felt all week.

Hang in there Jin we all love you.

Steve,

We lost our Buzz last year to osteosarcoma, and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come to this board and read the love, kindness and concern that everyone here had, not just for Buzzie, but for DH and myself. This is truly a unique and wonderful group of people.

As for the cranky pants, I threaten to get DH a t-shirt that says, "Curmudgeon lessons given here. Maybe." Of course, I give as good as I get in that department.

Still sending good stuff for Jin and his family,

Ruth

It's amazing what you learn. The latest seems to be that while he is better he's not eating yet. Because he's had nothing to eat since Monday he may be having problem eating so the vet is going to give him a shot tonight to help control the nausea and tomorrow is going to try to jump start his appetite by force feeding him a teaspoon of food. The reason is he may have forgotten how to eat. She said that sometimes happens. I was able to sit with him and I have some photos but my other computer is down so I can't transfer the photos in on this machine without a lot of hoorah. I also got kisses from him today but he's still a weary and tired puppy from fighting this. the staff absolutely love him and he has a fan club now.

As for preparing for Jin's coming home I spent the afternoon sterilizing the yards and concrete areas using a standard Ortho garden sprayer dispensing 5ozs of bleach per gal of water. I'll repeat that tomorrow in total using around 2.5 gals of household bleach. Since we also live on hard floors I picked up all the throw rugs and mopped the house with a 30:1 bleach solution. The house smells like a barracks ready for inspection.

It's been a long week. One I have no wish to repeat and it isn't over until Jin comes home.

I want my puppy.

Being a bit more mercenary and pragmatic I'm now taking guesses as to what the bill is going to be. Considering this has been the worst business year since we opened our doors I should be tearing my hair but but I don't have any. Whatever it is it's for Jin and worth it. To encourage you to participate the closest guess gets a Desert Bandanna. To put it in perspective the written estimate was max'd at about $1500. My younger daughter has already put in her guess.

I hope Jin will be able to eat. sometimes, when one hasn't eaten, it's not that you forget, it's that it was so unpleasant after the last time, you don't want tohance it...but that's people and not dogs...so I hope the docs good medicine and tricks will help little Jin fella out.

Yikes, I just blew through a $100 bill for Belle due to her getting some weird bacterial infection up her nose. She had been sneezing, nose running and acting a "little off". Vet visit where we found she was running a fever, culture swab taken and antibiotics prescribed for that $100 bucks.

I'll guess $2250.

You dont want to know what my bill was for 2 pups! I know I sure didnt!

Id have to guesstimate round about 1480.00

Hope he gets some thing in his belly and it stays down. Keep fighting Jin!

My Jet had Parvo... she was the fourth puppy I brought every day to the vet I work for and never had a problem, but go figure- she caught Parvo there. Pretty sure one of the cases that came in took their pup to the back area to let them potty. Even with two full boosters, she still caught it. I was flabbergasted- could not be happening to my pup!

Anyways...she recovered very quickly, once the first three days were past. When she started screaming her head off about being left alone in isolation, we knew she was ready to come home. You might ask the vet if you can try to feed Jin, sometimes they will do well if the owner hand feeds them. Jet had a little loose stool, vomiting off/on for a couple days after she came home but I was sent home meds to help with that.

I was lucky... got to keep one pretty spiffy puppy healthy..for free...love my vets/bosses!!

Good luck with Jin, beautiful pup!

I see we finally have the boards back up and running. So glad to hear Jin is doing better. Our family has been praying for you and Jin each day. Please post us an update ASAP so we can all follow on his progress. Our Kaycee is putting in her guess of $2100 in correspondance to her broken paw. Best wishes and lots of love to Jin!!!!

Finally back on! I was going nuts not knowing how Jin was doing! This puppy should have his own website by now! :rolleyes:

"I bid $1.00 Drew!" :D

Keep on keepin' on!

Pam