BC Boards

Jin hospitalized.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I should have answered earlier but I couldn't. I didn't want to logon until I knew.

I saw Jin at noon and he was Jin again. Weak but happy tail wagging and full of puppy kisses. Dr. Teri said he gave her a little yowl when she came in I repeated it and asked her if that was the one and she said yes. That's his good morning yowl so I don't step on him in the dark. I visited for about 15mins and he chewed on my finger (she wouldn't let me open the cage) and as I left he sat up brightly and woof'd at me. I told him to be a gentleman (his off switch) and to stay. Dr. Teri is going to keep him another night and feed him this evening. If all is well he shall come home tomorrow.

As for me I've been a basket case. You're responses and the support of my family (with the exception of my brother) have all that has really kept me going for the last 24 hours. Even members of the O'blogitory have been a great support. I think the experience is something I should post about for the benefit of some of our novice BC owners and those like Lauren who want one but I'm going to have to think about it.

I know how scary this is. Sending the best healing thoughts your way!

I've lost friends in war and even on a hike one Sunday. This was scarier than any of them.

Prayers offered from my pack to yours.

Ironhorse, The Native American Flute was given to us because of a young man who could not hunt and did not have the courage to speak up for himself to the chiefs daughter. With the song of the trees and wind he showed you did not have to be a great hunter of Elk to be courageous or to speak of the love had for a girl.

I play the native flute but have not done so for years. Perhaps it is time to do so again.

Thank you.

Judi, my wife is going to stop at the vets on the way home and hopefully I'll have pictures of Jin to post before I go to bed.

He's not out of the woods until he's home. Nonetheless I thank you all from the bottom of my heart your support. It has been wonderful.

Whew... I haunted this thread at work... hoping for an update, refreshing the window every couple of minutes...and soon as I leave, Ranger posts! Ah well, the happy part is it looks like little Jin will make it and having Jin home will raise Ranger's spirits and help continue his healing!

Desertranger;

Thank you for keeping us informed of Jin's condition.Very glad to hear that things are looking positive.

I know the story of the flute quite well :rolleyes: I too play and this morning I took out a most special flute that was gifted to me many years ago by a master flute maker and player who traveled to many reservations across north america teaching the youth through the traditional method and art of storytelling, his name was Louie Webster, he has passed from this world and I greatly miss his friendship and knowledge.

I played that flute for your Jin this morning, Thunderbolt,Jazmine and Lulu accompanied me,lol.

They all love to listen to my horrible talent.

Perhaps it is time that you bring yours out to greet the day.

A picture of my flute

eagleflute1.jpg

I'm drained and tired but Jin seems to be doing better. Judi took this photo just after he got his nausea meds so he's just about to fall asleep. He was on an IV all day and had just removed it before placing some food down. Dr. Teri said it looks like the worst is over but I won't really rest until he's been home for a couple of days.

Just Mookie and the Monter (cat) on the bed tonight. Judi says it's not the same. I want my puppy.

post-9810-1237956168_thumb.jpg

I think tonight I'll sleep better.

I'm drained and tired but Jin seems to be doing better. Judi took this photo just after he got his nausea meds so he's just about to fall asleep. He was on an IV all day and had just removed it before placing some food down. Dr. Teri said it looks like the worst is over but I won't really rest until he's been home for a couple of days.

Just Mookie and the Monter (cat) on the bed tonight. Judi says it's not the same. I want my puppy.

post-9810-1237956168_thumb.jpg

I think tonight I'll sleep better.

Awww..poor baby. He looks like he's been through it! Such a beautiful puppy though, even with his droopy lids! Hope you got some sleep!