BC Boards

Tex has a mass on his leg

I'm asking for board mojo tonight. Give it all you've got, please.

Tex has been licking his left leg. I checked it out looking for a hotspot, nothing. Today I ran my hands down both front legs and he has a large, hard mass on the inner part of the leg. It's fixed and solid and gives off some heat.

He's not lame and he moves and runs on it normally, but he bugs on it when he laying down.

I just went thru lymphoma with Nell. Tex is my heartdog, more than that. He and the clothes on my back were all I got out of my divorce and he's been my reason to keep going so many times in these last four years.

I'm praying that it's just an abcess or fluid buildup, something fixable. We see the vet at 10 tomorrow.

It will be a long night of worry for me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know how scary that can be. When I found Scooter's lump I was just sitting with him, casually petting him. I freaked. I went on the Internet and read all sorts of horrible stories. I got him to the vet the next day. One vet was sure it was cancer and had him scheduled for surgery, since she couldn't seem to biopsy it. I decided to get a second opinion from the same group. That vet had no problem doing the biopsy and was pretty sure it wasn't anything. She called a few days later with the good news. My husband and I both cried when we heard that he was going to fine. Praying everything is okay for you and Tex. Please update us as soon as you hear anything.

Sending lots of good wishes to you and Tex. I do so hope all will be well. Hugs to you both

Oh Jo, I'm so hoping that Tex's lump is the same as one my old KelpieXBorder Collie Jess had one time - also on her hind leg. It seemed to have become hard and painful quite suddenly. It proved to be an infected lipoma - a fatty lump that had become infected for no good reason we could work out. The Sunday vet on duty started her on antibiotics, and she had surgery to remove the lump a day or two later, while she was on the a/b protection. Glad to say she recovered well, and we didn't have any recurrences.

Hoping for the same good outcome for you and Tex. Good summer mojo coming from hot and sunny Tasmania.

The waiting is horrible. Lots and lots of mojo coming your way.