BC Boards

Tex has a mass on his leg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck at 10 this morning Jo. Coming late to this so wishing you and Tex both all the very best. My friend's dog (12+ yrs bc x) has had several masses on her body for many years now, but they are all fatty deposits and she has remained mobile and healthy with them.

Ailsa

I had to call and dely the appointment. I'm drifted in and I cant get my car out of the laneway. The neighbour who snowplows wont be home until tomorrw and the township plow has not been by yet either. They'll fit me in if I can get there by 11:30 ( doubtful) or we'll try again at noon on Wednesday.

Tex is 9 and he has his share of fatty lumps. This new lump is different and it's on the bone of his leg.

He is a little bit off and has been for a while. I was just thinking it was due to winter boredom and his latest ear infection. I'll be relieved when I get this thing looked after.

I can feel your mojo. I wish I could use it to push my car down the driveway.

When life hides the sunny side, you just have to polish the dull side.

I had to call and dely the appointment.

Oh geez! Just more time to worry. Hoping you end up getting in sooner. Try not to imagine all the bad things it could be. I know--easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Good thoughts for you and Tex coming your way from Ohio.

Why on earth do these things happen when it's impossible to get to the vet? Middle of the night, Sunday, when you have no car, etc. Do our dogs prefer us with grey hair? :D

I wish for you a positive outcome - I had a double scare a couple of months ago (right in the middle of my hysterectomy AND moving - see above) - fatty lumps on my two older girls. Right after losing Ben to cancer, and within a couple of days of each other. :rolleyes:

It's a Limphoma. Sorta. Maybe

My vet doesn't know what it is and doesn't like it. if it's limphoma, then it's atypical.

Tex is way overweight and the plan is to watch the lumpy thing while Tex sheds some tonnage. If it continues to grow, then we will have it removed. If it's fatty, then it should stay stable as he shrinks. Tex is a tank at the best of times since he doesn't get as much exercise because he's blind and rarely picks up much speed. With both Nell and Loki struggling to keep weight on, I'm afraid we ate very, very well at this house these last few months.

Tex and I will not enjoying his diet very much. He's a bug, and the weather is not cooperating for long walks to get his mind off food. We have a prescribed kibble and a date with the scale every 3 weeks.

See, Mojo Works! I love you all...

It's a Limphoma. Sorta. Maybe

My vet doesn't know what it is and doesn't like it. if it's limphoma, then it's atypical.

Tex is way overweight and the plan is to watch the lumpy thing while Tex sheds some tonnage. If it continues to grow, then we will have it removed. If it's fatty, then it should stay stable as he shrinks.

Is the vet going to do a biopsy Jo or is the plan to just wait and watch for the time being? I was reading that there are different kinds of lymphomas and many can be lived with, even without removal. Anyway, its good that the vet says if it's lymphoma it's atypical.

We are now also sending diet mojo for Tex :rolleyes: After all, diets suck.

Ailsa

Glad to hear it's not the dreaded lymphoma! So now it's time to get out the green beans, carrots, etc. - thank goodness my dogs like them! (I've got a 45 lb mutt that would weigh 100 lbs if not for green beans - he lives to eat!).

Sara's has several small lipomas for a few years and I still go into a panic everytime I find a new lump so I think I know how you feel!