BC Boards

Say some prayers for Cheyenne please.

As some of you know, 18mos ago, Cheyenne had breast cancer. They took out 5 mammory glands. Then, a few months back she got a terrible infection in her uterous, so she was spayed and all seemed well. A few days before stitches were to come out, I noticed another lump, and when I took her in to remove stitches, showed the vet. He was also able to squeeze some stuff out of another teat. Go back 2 1/2 yrs. She developed a lump on the back of her neck. The vet at the time said it was probly just a fatty tumor, just keep an eye on it. A couple days ago, we noticed a "smell" coming from her, and on examination, I found the neck lump had started leaking out of her skin. We have an appt. for Mon. I am so worried about my little girl. I have had her since she was 10 days old. I am just sick over what "might" be. Appreciate all the prayers and well wishes we can get. But, it ain't lookin good for the ol gal.

Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping you both in my thoughts, too!

Thanks y'all for the well wishes and prayers. Please, if anyone is even thinking of holding off on spaying their dog, think again. None of this would have happened had I spayed her. It wouldn't have killed us for me to stay off the truck for 2 lousy weeks for her to heal up. Hindsight is indeed 20/20. It is also laden with guilt. I will keep y'all updated. Thanks again! Here is a pic of her taken last week. Barking at who knows what, but enjoying life.

BuddyJackson022.jpg

good thoughts and healing vibes heading your way.

dixie girl please please dont beat yourself up about not having her spayed earlier, you cant change it now and guilt is an emotion that does nothing but drain you.

hind sight may be 20/20 but 'what ifs' are destructive.

heres hoping the lump on her neck is a manky absess and nothing more sinister (not that i'm wishing a manky absess on her, but you know what i mean!)

if you need a shoulder etc feel free to pm me any time!

Thanks again y'all! baby bc lover, all the best to Lucy when she goes in! It is scary when they have to go "under". But, knowing you are doing something good for her will help you through! Let us know how it goes.

Donna thanks for the words. I do know what you mean! I have even hoped it was some weird infection that some cephalexin would clear up! Don't know about the other lumps on her belly though. I know what you mean about the beating up part. But sometimes your logic mind and your loving heart don't see eye to eye. But, I do know I will do what I can NOW to help her.

Sheryl, I hope you are right!

Thanks again y'all.

P.S. Miztiki, hope all is well with you and Boy. How is the lil guy? Haven't heard from you in a while and have been kinda worried about you and Boy.