BC Boards

She's gone

sea4th

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feed her before I go to work. I take care of her needs before I do mine. This morning I was feeding her, then carried her out to go potty. Flick, like her daddy Pete, was immaculate, even to the end. She took care of her business, then made her way back to the house where she collapsed and died. That quick. I have her wrapped in a blanket and in my bedroom on her bed, with the door closed. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to get her to my vet and have her cremated.

You know, writing eases my pain and it was from my heart that I wrote the eulogies for my other dogs. This time, with Flick, there are no words. It's like going to an empty well for water.

I was looking forward to posting pictures of Flick from when she was a pup in celebration of her 13th birthday. I'll be doing the same eventually, but for a different reason. I held her in my hands when she was only hours old. I held her as she took her last breaths. I called her My Girl from when I first held her. She'll always be My Girl.

Right now, I can't see for the tears or even write properly. My right hand girl is gone. And there's no replacing her.

She's with her daddy Pete now, and her mom Tattie, and with the two tiny stillborn pups she had. When it comes my time to cross, it's going to be a helluva reunion. Until then, sleep well, my sweet Flick.

Vicki,

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. You will be reunited one day with her and all the animals you have loved. They're not gone forever, they're just on the other side of the Bridge, waiting for you... but the pain of missing them all is, nevertheless, awful. As many of us here can say, we've been there many times and know how you feel...

Mary Huber and Travis the Trickless WonderDog