BC Boards

She's gone

sea4th

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How very blessed you were to have her go at home, with you there, knowing you did all you could and that Flick never knew fear or worry.

I know that doesn't seem like much right now, but time will ease the pain to the sweetest of memories.

GodSpeed Flick. Say hello to Lena for me.

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved Flick. Went to her dogster page and read her bio, detailing your relationship and all that she did for you. She sounds like a very special girl.

Take care.

Ailsa

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Flick - but please do know - that even though she is not with you physically she will be there with you in spirit...

bless your heart Flick!

I can't believe that tomorrow, Friday, will be a week since Flick died. So much a part of my life she was for 13 years, that I still reach for her, glance at her bed in the corner of my bedroom, expecting to see her there, waiting for whatever we were going to do next.

This is a hard one. It's the hard ones that have propelled me in life changing ways. I think it's always been for the good. I've yet to see which direction Flick's death will send me.

Right now, I'm thinking that in 2009 I'll be going back to Scotland. Right now, I feel that driving around the Scottish & no. England countryside, will sort of right everything that is wrong, but a lot can happen in a year.

I don't know what I'm looking for right now, but I'll know it when I "see" it.

Thanks for all of your responses. It's been impossible to sit and read this thread without tears, but I guess it's part of the healing process.

I love all of my dogs, but then there are the Pete's and Flick's in one's life......

I'm working on something for Flick in the Memorial section. It's all pics and it's actually therapeutic putting it all together.

This is one ragged and disjointed post --- sorry. :rolleyes:

Don't apologize Vicki -- we're all there with you! I'll be looking for the pics of Flick to follow along in her journey. And hope to hear when you decide on your next direction.

Best wishes,

Ailsa

Somehow I missed this. Wanted to wish you the best, and am so sorry for your loss. I look forward to seeing the photomemorial.