BC Boards

BEGGING for Board mojo

Hi all. I'm desperate and looking for ANYTHING that could help me. Please, please, please send all the mojo you can our way. First, I need to introduce you to my newest addition, Ollie. He came to me as a 4 month-old puppy that had been turned into an Animal Control in FL for "barking." Someone from the police dept. emailed me and asked me if I could take him into rescue. He came to us at the end of July/beginning of August. I fell in love with him, as did everyone who met him. But, I was not planning to keep him. To make a long story short, a couple of months ago, I realized that there was no way I was ever going to let this guy go. He was an awesome puppy and has turned out to be an awesome young dog. I have yet to find any flaw with this dog. He's as close to perfect as they come. I had no intention of adding another dog, but Ollie is beyond special.

OK, that's an abridged back story.

I won't go into all the details of his illness, but Ollie has been ill since the Monday before Thanksgiving. At first, the vet thought it was an infection. Maybe a TBD. After a few days of treating him for an infection, it became clear that there was something else going on. I think I've been to my vet's nearly every day, sometimes twice a day, in the past two weeks. Ollie was not showing the classic signs of an obstruction, but they finally decided that it was time for exploratory surgery. They found that Ollie had a string/cord that started at the back of his throat and went through his entire small intestines. They removed it and everything was looking good. I took him home after a couple of days and he was acting like his old self for the next several hours. Then, everything went sour. That was 3 days ago.

Again, to make a long story short, he went back in for more exploratory surgery. They think that the string had been there for a while and there are some signs of injury to his intestines caused by the string. His prognosis is very guarded. He will be spending the next couple of days at the vet on I.V.s and antibiotics.

Basically, it is now a waiting game. He will either get better over the next couple of days or he won't. If he doesn't get better, I'm not sure there is much more that they can do. My vet just told me that we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I can't tell you how much I am in love with this dog. He's a once in a lifetime dog. I've been meaning to introduce him to the board for some time now, but I wanted to get some more recent photos of him, since he looks more like a dog than a puppy now. But, with Daylight Savings time, it's been tough to get good photo ops. He is the famous puppy, though, that I posted a while back in this thread: www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=29578&st=0

Here is a picture that I took of him a month and a half ago when he still very much looked like a puppy.

Ollie1.jpg

This is a photo I took of him last Thursday after I picked him up after his first surgery. He was looking really good and we thought he was well on his way to recovery. I brought him to my office after I picked him up. I apologize for the quality of the photo. It was taken with my phone in my not-very-well-lit office. But, it's the most recent one I have of him where he looks like a big boy.

Ollie2.jpg

Please send your mojo. I'm not ready for this kid to leave my life.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Mary, I am sending all of the very best mojo I can muster. I remember when you posted that video. I don't think I commented at the time, but I showed it to everyone in my office. It was clear even then that Ollie was something special and I am not surprised to hear you couldn't part with him. He will be okay--he has to be. Please keep us updated on his condition.

Mary, he is ever so beautiful.......black and white with TWO blue eyes.....I feel for you and am sending you all my best mojo, and will continue to do so. He looks like a strong little guy -- he'll pull through, I think. My very best to you and to Ollie. You are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

--D'Elle

Official prayers or intercessions at my church are supposed to be for humans, especially parishioners. But I am in charge of the readers, therefore, in my opinion, of the readings and the prayers. The readings are set by the lectionary. But I can write in stuff for the prayers. So, unless our snow flakes stop the world (this is the "sunny South"} tomorrow, Ollie will be in the prayers at both services.

Archived