BC Boards

Kenzi is missing :(

I had the dogs out for a run late this afternoon. They all ran into the woods and over a hill behind the house in front of me. I walked back there and called them and only Missy and Kipp came back. I looked for/called Kenzi to no avail. A little while later walked back through the field with Kipp hoping that between me calling and him barking she'd come. Still nothing. I just got back from another walk through the woods and drive around the area and there was no sigh of her. I'll head out again when it gets light in the morning.

It's cold out and I'm worried :rolleyes: I'd really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry you are going through this. (((hugs))) I hope your girl gets home soon safe & sound.

Have you had any sightings of her? I've been involved with tracking/finding lost/missing dogs over the past number of years. It's a good thing that where you last saw her yesterday was near your house because she's likely familiar with the area. Does she typically spook or would she have ran off to chase something, etc?

Fingers, toes & paws crossed for good news ASAP!

Thanks everybody - I really appreciate it! I could hardly sleep last night. No sign of her yet this morning. She is not the bolting/wander away type. I've had her for almost 5 months and she's been doing really well off leash on runs for the last 6 weeks or so - sticks near enough to me and the other 2 dogs. And even where we were yesterday was practically in the back yard. All I can figure is that maybe she came across a rabbit or something and gave chase (but she had been getting pretty good at leaving leaving critters alone). I don't have to work until this afternoon (and even then it's just up the road) so now that it's getting light I'm headed back out to the woods again then I'll drive around again checking with neighbors. She has a collar/tags and microchip so she is easily identifiable if someone finds her.

Oh no! One of my greatest fears. You never know when they might take off on you. Keeping you and Kenzi in my prayers and will be checking back frequently for updates. Expecting a good report! :rolleyes:

good mojo coming from your northern neighbour....hopefully Kenzi will show up soon! There as an elderly collie here that was lost for 30 days and was found so let's hope Kenzi doesn't stay on the lam for that long!

Kenzi is home!!!!

I was just getting ready to head out to the woods when a neighbor called. Kenzi had shown up at her house (1 mile away) this morning and she had her in the garage. Kenzi was wearing tags so the neighbor called me right away. I was so relieved I was crying. I was so afraid she had gotten hung up on something back in the woods.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. You all are awesome!!

Now I'm off to hug my dogs, bake a pie for the neighbor and maybe squeeze in a cat nap before work this afternoon

Archived