BC Boards

Board Mojo Needed

Last night Lucky was her usual fine self, jumping up and down waiting for dinner. At 4:45 this morning, she started vomiting. Her temp was 103.3. We went to the vet first thing. Vet is thinking possible pyo, due to a slight vaginal discharge. But the X-ray did not show the usual filled up uterus. Blood work should have very elevated white cells if it is pyo, but her blood work is normal. Meanwhile, her temp is still rising, they say. Vet still thinks it might be pyo, and is thinking of maybe going in there to see. Anybody got any other ideas of what it might be? BTW, Lucky is 12 1/2.

Needless to say, I can't afford any of this, but my vet is pretty good about the payment plan (again),

A

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jin still has that box of Mojo everyone sent to him when he had Parvo. He wants you to have it now with more Mojo from Abby and me.

Update: Lucky is now in surgery for a spay. The discharge continued to get heavier. The vet put a scope way up inside to check to see where the discharge was coming from, and it was the uterus, so UTI was ruled out.

Will update later when the old girl is out of surgery and recovering,

Thanks everyone,

A

Burst liver abcess. Surgery could remove, along with lobe of liver. Expensive. Week in the hospital. Maybe 50% chance of recovery. I am on my way to the vet's now to say goodbye to Lucky,

A

Damn Anna, I'm so sorry. I'm sure she held a special place, being Riddle's mom and all. Thanks for bringing her back home with you so she could spend her remaining time with you and Rid.

Good girl, Lucky...

3641696243_5ab2669916_o.jpg

Lots of hugs from Calli, Gary and I.

Anna-

I am so sorry to hear this. It is never easy no matter what the reason. Look for the next rainbow and it will be Lucky telling you that she is okay.

Kathy

Dear Anna - So very, very sorry to hear the old girl is so ill. Hugs and hopes coming your way from WV. And Dan says that he's sorry for you and Lucky, too. After all, you are both family! And he sends you his sweet puppy kisses...

Thanks, everyone. She had an abscess on her liver that had burst (hence the sudden vomiting early this morning). I really like my vet. She let me be in the OR with her, and after I said goodbye to Lucky, she showed me the abscess. It had formed right where the liver sat against the stomach wall, and the vet is as certain as one can be that it was caused by a m***er f***ing FOXTAIL that Lucky had ingested (quite some while ago), which had then passed through the stomach to the liver. She showed me the scar tissue on the stomach which was right up against the abscess. Anyway, it had burst, and there was nasty stuff all over inside the abdominal cavity. She said she could have done surgery, but the prognosis was less than 50% chance of survival.

Donna, thanks so much for the great pic of Lucky--where did you find it? Looks like maybe some year at Finals.

She was one helluva cowdog, and I will miss her. But she has lots of offspring carrying on for her, all over the country, kicking some serious cattle-butt.

A

RobbieRaskle42409014.jpg

Anna, I'm so sorry about Lucky. I hate those damn foxtails. I wish there was some way to eradicate them. At least Lucky didn't suffer and the end was quick and painless. You have such great memories of her also and all her offspring as a legacy.

Anna,

I'm so so sorry. I'm crying as I write this. I just went through something very similar with Mick, except his gall bladder hadn't ruptured yet. They caught it just in time. Still the same 50% mortality rate. He's still alive, but apparently not doing that great according to his labs.

Please know I'm thinking about you. RIP Lucky.