Nepsa Posted December 28, 2008 Report Share Posted December 28, 2008 I have a 5 month pup who is dying as I type. She's back in the vet hospital right now and the vet told us 1 out of 3 chance she may live. He said her heart rate is very slow and the treatment she had in vet ER in another town didn't fix the problem and they don't know what is wrong with her at this time but she was misdiagnosed with Giardia. So they are doing blood work. She's now vomiting and having diarrhea and is very listless. Her eyes are dull. We asked for her to be tested for parvo as well even though she tested negative at the other clinic/ER. Your feedback on what could be wrong would be appreciated. It's going to cost us over 1,000 to treat her. We have the option to put her down instead due to her odds to survive thru this is very low at this point. One out of 3 is her odds right now. She will have to stay at the vet hospital for a week or more. We don't know what we will do at this point but by this Monday..we may know more what is wrong with her and can make a decision then and there. Can the breeder be held responsible for her vet bills? Since we just had her for a such short time. Can we ask the breeder to pay at least half of the bill or is it "our problem" once we have her in our hands? So any ideas what is wrong would be helpful and we will decide by Monday to try fight for her life or put her down. Our hearts is breaking right now... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.