BC Boards

I got Sydney!!!

For those you you who don't know... I have been trying to adopt Sydney a rescue at Mo-Kan Border Collie Rescue. Today i drove up to Kansas City and picked her up at the Pet Expo. I arrived early around 10:30 a.m., giving me plenty of time to roam the Expo. (Which was great BTW!)

I met with a few of the ladies of Mo-Kan, all of whom are the most wonderful people to be around. I enjoyed being amoung people as screwy as I am. Listen now if you own a BC you got issues!! Come on who in their right mind would want a dog who was smarter then them!?

I finally got to meet Sydney! She was a little freaked out by all the stuff going on. After signing all the right papers and learning a bit about Sydney, we made for the exit. It took alot longer since everyone seemed to fall for her on sight. (Hey i fell for her picture!!) She was surprisingly calm around children. (Foo was never sure of them sheep in little human clothing!) She gave many kisses, i heard plenty of little giggles.

The ride home was long, and Sydney didn't seem to impressed with my driving. When we arrived at the house I gave her the tour. Then let her explore on her own for awhile.

We then walked over to Mom's Doggy day care Where 2 shelties, a poodle, Zag my male BC pup, and 3 cats (all three are screwier the a band of squirel birds!) She seemed a bit stressed so i sat with her while the others stiffed, eye'd, and hissed at her.

After a 1/2 hour Syd, Zag and I returned home. In no less then 10 minutes Syd and Zag where playing like they've known eachother forever! She is settling nicely. I am about to fall over asleep myself.

My crappy digital camera took 32 pics and this is the best one tha came out. (sorry it is a bad pic) Will take some with the SLR and rush the development of them soon! I'll take a few more with the crappy cam tomorrow.

syd.jpg

And one of the pics on the mo-kan site.

sydney4.jpg

Thanks all! :rolleyes:

She is soo sweet! Her and Zag are best buddies already! Sydney is still unsure of the Shelties tho. Today she will have time to get accustomed to them. (well as much as she can in a day )

Even tho i was ready for bed at 8:30 ish last night, they felt differently. As soon as we got inside our house, they both went into ZILLA mode! It went on until 11:30 pm (I let them stay up late) It was alot of fun to watch them wrestle, tug, and bark at each other!

At around midnight, we all crashed out on the bed. It is funny how quickly she wiggled her way into my heart!

Welp time to go wear out the dogs! (or is it the other way around!?)

Congrats!!

The second photo looks like she has quite an attitude :rolleyes: so she's got my attention already. Best wishes for the future with both doggies!

Great work, fooshuman! I'm so glad you got her at last. Sounds like she's as gorgeous as she looks. And that she and Zag will be great mates (as we say here in OZ - don't panic - it just means really good friends!)

Even tho i was ready for bed at 8:30 ish last night, they felt differently. As soon as we got inside our house, they both went into ZILLA mode! It went on until 11:30 pm (I let them stay up late) It was alot of fun to watch them wrestle, tug, and bark at each other!
Had to laugh at this - reminded me of the night I brought home my first Border Collie pup, Sam. My other dog Jess (KelpiexBorder Collie) was about 2. When Sam woke up and I took him outside to pee at about 2.00 am, Jess decided that it would be a really good time to start playing with the pup. Like you, I didn't have the heart to interrupt them in their getting to know you session. Fortunately, at 8 weeks and in the middle of his first night home, Sam crashed fairly soon. There's nothing quite like seeing two playing like that, is there. And what a great start to what will hopefully be a long, long relationship.

32 pics 3 semi ok ones lol Dang i need a better digital camera!

Syd being a sweetie!

syd1.jpg

Zag looking Syd isn't

sydzag.jpg

Syd looking Zag isn't

zagsyd.jpg

Oh and Syd is now one of the pack Her and Zag have me laughing non-stop! She is very sweet and sooooo loving! Gah she melts my heart!