BC Boards

Need some board Mojo

I am dog sitting my very good friends two dogs, a purebred red border collie (full sister to my Maya) and a black and white border collie/american Eskimo mix. I put them in our rec-room/basement while my kids were opening up presents and somehow they got the basement door open (may not have been fully latched). For some crazy reason they took off (both dogs have been at our house numerous times so they are familiar with our house and neighborhood. They were seen at 9am by someone who reported them to the police about a half a mile from our house on a busy road near a highway, and nothing since, we have called all the police depts (most animal control depts/shelters are off work today) in the towns nearby and posted on all the lost dog bulletin boards, craigslist etc..... I am an animal control officer in the town just next to us so I have done everything I can think of. Both dogs had ID tags and have microchips. I just cannot imagine where they could be or if someone has picked them up why we haven't heard anything. The dogs owners are in Germany and are taking a flight back tomorrow. I am going to visit all the shelters tomorrow and call all the animal control departments again, and make some fliers with their pictures and post them around.

I am just sick about it, and can't bear to face my friends tomorrow.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sending mojo your way! This is very sad. I know the feeling. What are the dogs names? Any more description of them? Or even color of collars? I will ask around, and post on my FB. I hope they return safely to you soon.

My friend lost Seek once, it was the hardest thing to ever go through.

The signs are what got my lost dog home. Post them everywhere you can think of and maybe a few door to doors.

GOod luck, this must be heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose one or 2 of your own dogs but to have to face your frieinds when they get home has to just be heartbreaking.

Prayers and mojo coming your way.

How far do they live from you? Could they be heading back to their own house? Maybe it would be good to put some signs in that area and along the route between your homes.

I hope they come back safely. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Still nothing this morning. I just got done doing some more calling around and I made a flyer I am going to go get printed up and start handing out and hanging up. We called Animal Control in the town they live in to make them aware, and have checked back at their house a couple times and their neighbors are aware of the situation.

Just cannot believe they are still missing. :(

A Craigslist poster mentioned that this is a similar service to Findtoto.com, but somewhat cheaper:

petamberalert.com

The idea is that these services reverse-911 call everyone in the immediate vicinity of where the pets disappeared... and they seem to have impressive results.

Good luck again.

Mary

We picked up a Pug yesterday that was running down a 4-lane busy road. Dog had no collar on (this is so annoying) and we called the police right away. They said no one reported her missing yet. I then decided to call the next town over just in case. 5 hours later the owners ended up calling the other town as well and they got our #. However, they too called the town she lived in and they NEVER told them or us that someone had reported the dog lost or found. How infuriating.

If these dogs have tags on chances are they have not been found yet otherwise someone would have called. Are they stranger friendly? Lots of people have probably seen them but if they won't approach a stranger chances are no one is going to be able to get them. Even normally friendly dogs can become scared while lost and not approach a stranger they normally would have no issue with. I followed a lost rat terrier a couple weeks ago but he wouldn't let me get withine 10 feet without running off. Hopefully someone is nice enough to try and grab them though! The pug we caught yesterday had numerous cars just driving past without even trying to help.

Do you have pics you can post? I cross posted this all over FB. I emailed MoKan BC rescue, waiting to hear back. Where exactly are you located? Are they female/male? I'm sending out the word to everyone I know over there. Keeping paws crossed. This is devistating :(

I haven't contacted MOkan BC rescue yet, but I will send them an email of the lost poster. The dogs were lost in the South Part of Kansas City MO. On Holmes Rd and I-435. This is in the middle of Suburbia (of course there are woods and forests in the area but they would have to travel through very populated areas.

This is Zoey she is a red/white purebred Border Collie (she might be wary of strangers)

zoey2.jpg

This is Cooper he is a black and white Border Collie/American Eskimo mix (very friendly to anyone)

267549_10100153197258431_17000514_45460959_6954691_n.jpg

I contacted some friends, friends of friends, friends rescue groups, etc. The word is out and people are looking.

Archived