BC Boards

Need some board Mojo

I forgot to mention.

When our Akbash got lost I was searching for over a week. What I didn't know was the animal shelter had him and they were calling him a golden puppy. So don't take their word for it if they say they don't have any dogs like you described. I had photos of my pup but they hadn't seen them. Go to the local pound and all the surrounding vets. They might already be somewhere that you've already called and messages got confused or dog breeds get confused.

That has happened twice in my life, where the pound was involved with one of my dogs being picked up as strays or lost and the place where they were being held told me no they didn't have a dog like I described. Not their fault just miscommunication.

Be safe, go look.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that what happened to someone, Bob Stephens, maybe, when the lost dog was listed at the shelter as an Aussie or Aussie-cross?

A photo (or two) is worth a thousand words when trying to find a lost dog.

Here's hoping for the best possible outcome.

We have cooper!! Animal control brought him back this afternoon, at the same time someone called with a sighting of Zoey nearby, apparently they have been hanging out in a parking garage and wooded area near our house. Zoey is very scared and ran away when her owner spotted her and called her. Right now we have cooper in his kennel next to Zoey's open kennel. Wish us luck.

We have cooper!! Animal control brought him back this afternoon, at the same time someone called with a sighting of Zoey nearby, apparently they have been hanging out in a parking garage and wooded area near our house. Zoey is very scared and ran away when her owner spotted her and called her. Right now we have cooper in his kennel next to Zoey's open kennel. Wish us luck.

Sending prayers for the safe return of Zoey....good news that Cooper is safe at home.

Prayers for Zoey!

I had BOTH my own Border collies slip out the door after a neighbor's cat this afternoon. I couldn't leave to chase them down--my infant was asleep! Thankfully, my 5yr old BC Lib stays pretty close to me and has a good recall, and our 3yr old BC Free decided to run back home on her own five minutes later. We live between two highways, and I was just sick over Free.

Hopefully Zoey will come to her buddy Cooper safely!

Well no luck with Zoey tonight, we set a live trap in the area she was last seen with lots of stinky good food, and her blanket with her smells on it. I am going back out to check it in a couple hours and then we will check it first thing tomorrow morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Those humane traps work wonders. My cat Tessie about 4 years ago got loose at my parents house while I was in VC. I called the local shelters and they gave us a humane trap. On the 9th day we finally caught her in the trap. Zoey will come back :)

Great news about Cooper! When my old BCx ran away from my dad's place, she was on the run for 2 days. When we finally caught up with her, she had run 20 km from my dad's home. She was terrified and only came to me when I got on my hands and knees calling her. It was like she didn't know who I was. It took a lot of persuasion for her to come to me. Hopefully, Zoey will be less reluctant!

Sending lots and lots of good mojo for Zoey's safe return!

Archived