BC Boards

POLL- How many times a day do you feed?

kelpiegirl

Fergie gets between 3/4 and 1 cup of kibble (depending on whether cautious me or gracious DH feeds) twice a day. Once when we come in for our morning walk before the humans' breakfast. And one at exactly 5:30. Fergie and Maggie the Cat can tell time - and then tell us that it is time.

Twice... once when I get up in the morning around 7ish and then once at night, kind of whenever I think of it, usually right before I go to bed :S Jade's getting better about telling me to feed her at night though :rolleyes:

Fergie gets between 3/4 and 1 cup of kibble (depending on whether cautious me or gracious DH feeds) twice a day.

Sounds like our house! DH is more generous with the food! :rolleyes:

Twice - though he sometimes skips the morning meal- I am usually in a huge rush, and I ask him if he wants to eat. If he doesn't come over to the kitchen, that's a sign he's not hungry. Because if I insist and put his food, he'll just ignore it. Learned my lesson - ask first - he always knows to let me know one way or another and avoid wasting food :rolleyes:

I feed twice a day.

The raw fed dogs get their boneless meal in the morning and my half kibble/half raw gets her kibble in the morning.

They get their bones - usually chicken necks - in the evening.

My one dog who is fed all kibble gets two equal meals each day.

Just so Julie doesn't start to think she was correct in assuming that everyone fed twice a day: Most of mine are fed once a day, in the morning. Exceptions are the puppy, who gets fed two or three times (if we get busy with stuff, sometimes the midday meal gets missed). Willow gets fed twice because of all the meds she's on, and Lark gets fed twice because it's the only way to get enough food in her (both of these changes are fairly recent; that is, they used to be fed once a day). I have a dog here for training who was getting fed twice a day, but I'm tired of him waking me up to go out at night, so he's now officially on a once-a-day (in the mornings) schedule as well. If not for the special cases, they'd all be fed once a day in the mornings.

J.

We feed our adult Border Collies once a day in the mornings; Jasper the Greyhound gets fed twice a day because he was puking bile overnight when fed only once a day. Sam, our new Maremma will be getting fed twice a day for a while while he gets accustomed to us and then we'll switch him to once a day.

Mark