BC Boards

Well, guess what???

So, I went to go see this Pi-lookalike today.

From right off the bat, things started off weird. The woman had NOT emailed me back with directions until last minute this morning, and even then I had to call her. It was hard to understand her on the phone, but the directions seemed easy, so off I go.

1.5 hours later, I'm at the designated gas station where we decide to meet...and I see what I believe to be her car. I park nearby, and she gets out..opens up the back door, and pulls out what looks like a 4 month old puppy.

I remarked how the "dog" didn't really look to be a year old. And she goes blathering about how its so hard to know the ages, even though she said she'd had the "dog" since it was a baby. She assured me she had it for a long time, and how her paws look small (at this time a chorus of "ok, whatever.." was running through my head again and again.) Then she would start on weird tangents, about how the house was falling apart, something about the "dog" chasing cattle, and she couldn't really...coordinate her sentences. At this point I felt kind of awkward, and weirded out. So I handed her the adoption fee, she practically dumped the puppy into my arms without another word. I looked down. The little girl (that part, at least, was acurate) didn't even have the blue eye the woman claimed her to have.

So, I tuck the little pup in my car, sighing as I watched the woman drive away. The little girl had obviously not been in a car very much, because as we started on the road, she began drooling profusely...there were strings pouring out of her mouth and everything. By the time I got home, she was practically sitting in a puddle of it. No puking, though...so that, I took as a good thing.

I've reached the decision that this woman was obviously, *obviously* lying about a great many things...and while she did hand me a booklet of shot records, I'm still hesitant about taking her word on that, too. My boyfriend brought up she might be trying to ride herself of an entire litter with the same sad story of having to rid herself of a dog...but that didn't make too much sense to me, as most people sell their BC litters for quite a bit.

I still couldn't believe the way the woman just dumped her in my arms without another glance or word. I honestly think she may have been *on* something, if you know what I mean.

My boyfriend put it well: At least I got her away from her and into a good home.

She IS an absolute sweetheart, though. A little timid, and I'll chalk most of that up to the stressful car ride and new surroundings, and she'll have a week to settle down while I move out to where my dad is keeping an eye on her. Then its time to socialize! She be going to work with me, the park, pet stores, etc. My boyfriend has even checked what festivals I can bring her to, and is happy to have her along with us.

I'm so happy, I'm just bursting! I promise I'll have pics by tomorrow night. She is such a DOLL.

Thank you, everyone, for everything!!!

Oh Sarah!! Im in tears, Im so happy for you!!!! What a lucky little dog to be rescued by a person who will show it so much love, probably more love in one night that its gotten its whole lifetime. I cant wait to see pictures!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I think its wonderful your boyfriend is so supportive as well! You go girl!! Keep us updated!

Oh geez, not at all what you had in mind I'm sure. Who knows, maybe she was fried or something.

I hope your new pup is healthy and doesn't give you any grief. I'm sure you'll get her liking the car in no time! Be sure to post pictures of her for us too!

SA, I am happy for you! And the pup! Maybe she wasn't what you had in mind, but might be what you need! That woman is probly one of those skitso people. The voices probly told her how old the dog was and also to get rid of it! :rolleyes:

Names? I want to wait on the pics! Just please don't use Katie! That's what my female pup will be. But then, I am last on the list so I will probly get another boy! LOL

I think Rune is a lovely name!

I wish I had taken more time to name Odin! I really don't like his name at all but my hubby wanted a Viking-ish name. If I hadn't compromised on Odin he would have called him "Naglfar" :eek:

Good luck with your new girl, I'm very very happy for you

PS: I'm going to throw out a random name suggestion, just for fun. I was thinking about it for a minute and I think that if I ever lost my Odin and had a second chance with another dog, I think I would call her/him "Renaissance" which is french for "Rebirth".

I think it's a nice name for a new beginning. Plus, "Renai" sounds really cute

Odin's mama, I love that suggestion....Renaissance/Renai is a great name.

I'll add that to the list!

No, she may not have been what I expected, but I'm definately not discouraged by that. I love that she is younger, and I don't have to deal with retraining some not so good adult habits out of her...instead, I can focus on training from a 'new' standpoint. (Not that I would have been against re-training an adult...its just a bonus out of this situation for me.) I also don't have to worry too much about her getting along with my cats, as she is still at a good stage to learn that cats CAN rule. (While the cats are at least in equal-ground size-wise.) Did I metnion she is an utter sweetheart?

Having her so far away for the night, at my dad's, is killing me! I miss her so much already. I can't wait to go spend some time with her tomorrow.

Soooooooo happy for you!

How old do you think the pup is? She must be so darn cute! I can't wait to see pictures of her! :rolleyes::D

Strange about the person though, really pretty creepy. I wonder what was up with that?! :confused:

Rune! That's on my short list of baby names!!!!

(Told my mother in law and she said "Ruin?" So I don't think that name will be the winner if we do have a boy.)

I think it's great that you've got another little fur-ball in your life. Good luck with her and I hope she's healthy!

Denise

Guest JoeysMom

Congratulations! She may not be quite what you expected, but some of the greatest things in life come to us that way. I'm glad that the two of you can bring joy to one another--it certainly sounds like she needs/ed you. Good luck with her!

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. I love the name Rune. I think you should stick with your instincts.

She may not be what you were expecting, but it sounds like it was supposed to happen. She needs you just as much as you need her. Sounds like she's in a much better place now.

S.A.

1st and foremost... WoOt! Grats on the new bundle of joy! I am so happy for you! :rolleyes: I'm glad you got her out of the crazy border collie ladies care! :D

Since getting Zag, the loss of Foo still weighs heavy on my heart. Yet it is hard to dwell on (something i tend to do when heartbroken) when you got some wise-crackin, lil black and white devil child running rampant thru your house. Even though Zag will never be a Foo, i love him with the same intensity! I am so glad i got him as quickly as i did. He made my house feel like home again. I am sure you know what i mean.

Just a tip Remember puppy doesn't like it when you wake him/her up to "make sure" it is ok. Something i must do at least once a day! Hey he asks for it by making strange noises while he sleeps!

I am so happy for you and your new girl! I want to see pics' o plenty! Zag and I wish you both the best! *edit* Oh yeah Rune is a great name! **

Love, love, love the name Rune!! It's great to see that you are already finding some happiness after your loss. I know lil Rune will never take their place in your heart, but I'm sure you have plenty of room for her to make a spot!

Congrats on your new addition!