BC Boards

Nell has sprung a leak

Nell has slipped into the grey zone where nothing matters anymore. The Lymphoma has a firm grip on the leash now. I made The Appointment for first thing Monday Morning.

She started drooling heavily on Friday. Some of her lymph nodes have started to drain and her eyes and nose are running. She's panting hard, with a rattling wet gurgle in her chest. She leaves a puddle where ever she lays.

Last night was bad and I called my vet at 11pm when I got home from work and asked to bring her in. He suggested a cocktail mxture of pain relief and we got thru the night. She's brighter this morning - tail wagging and ears up - but her drool is bloody now and I am feeding her water with a syringe.

We will have this last precious day together. I will keep her comfortable and close until tomorrow.

Too many good dogs have gone this way lately.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that you will be saying your good byes today. Do whatever brings her joy today. Lymphoma is such a nasty thing. We just lost one of our dogs to intestinal lymphoma in August. It is very quick!!

Take care of yourself too and cry if you need to. I know that I did.

Kathy

So sorry to hear such sad news but take heart in knowing she has been a loved and cherished friend, you are doing the kindest thing for her by ending her pain and suffering with love. It's so hard to make such an unselfish decsion, we hate losing such valued friends. Keep her warm and cozy, give her lots of love and hugs today take some pictures to remember her by.

I'm so sorry to hear this about Nell. Poor girl. Thank goodness she has you to keep her safe and comfortable, and to make her passing as compassionate as possible.

Our hearts go out to you.

Ailsa

I'm so sorry things are so bad for Nell. She is lucky to be with someone who loves her so much and is willing to give her the care she needs and has the love to let her go when she is ready.

Our thoughts are with you as you say goodbye.