BC Boards

Say a prayer for Larky

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know just how scary that waiting can be - just over a year ago Maggie was hit by a car and was in ICU overnight. You can be sure the 8 paws and ten fingers here will be crossed for Miss Lark's speedy recovery!

A prayer for Lark (and for you):

Heavenly Father, the bond we have with our friends of other species is a wonderful and special gift from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. They trust in us as we trust in You. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. Our souls and theirs are on this earth together to share friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and bless these ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have. Please give special attention today to Lark, who needs Your mercy and intervention, and to Julie, her human companion, who loves Lark and all of Your canine creations.

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing; Your grace flows to all Your creatures; Your Light touches each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant long and healthy lives to our special animal companions. Bless their relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand that they are not gone from us but only drawing closer to You. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures. Empower him to watch over our animal friends until they are safely with You in eternity, where we someday hope to join them in honoring You forever. Amen.

Our prayers are added. And, if necessary, I'll add Lark to the official prayers at church on Sunday. If God isn't concerned about His animals, I'll fire Him. SO there.

I'll also ask my pagan kids to talk to the Goddess - now. She's quite reliable.

the powers that be have been poked in lark's direction.

if you want me to i will put her in the healing bubble at reiki tonight. if i dont hear from you i'll assume its ok to do that and put her in anyway :rolleyes:

i know it is too easy to say, but try and rest and not panic hun. have a huggle ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

larky, you get better for your mum!

I spoke with the receptionist a little bit ago (doc's in surgery). She said they found no serious trauma (which I take to mean that the X-rays--head and chest--all came out normal). But when I asked about bringing Lark home, she was quite evasive. I'm now to call back around 3:30. But things are looking up I think. Thanks for all your kind words and prayers. Donna, I'd be happy for you to do your reiki thing for Lark. I'll let you know what I find out later this afternoon. I hope I can convince them to let me bring her home, where I can keep a close eye on her overnight.

J.

...they found no serious trauma..

Whew, those are the key words! It could have been a glancing injury -- being hit by the bumper and thrown under or to the side happens to smaller animals. Lots of bruising, keep quiet (so hard), coddle for a while. I hope that's what you're dealing with and nothing more severe, and I hope you have her home soon!