BC Boards

Say a prayer for Larky

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update and it's good news! Lark apparently has no internal injuries that show up on X-ray and no neurological signs that would indicate more serious head trauma than just the bad cuts and scrapes. The vet wants to keep her on antiinflammatories for a while to hopefully prevent any inflammatory reactions that could pop up later as a result of being hit (i.e., brain or spinal cord issues). He said that she's cut and bruised all over and there are a number of places that couldn't be sewn up because the skin is likely to die and slough off, so we'll need to keep a close eye on that. So I can go get her this evening and she'll be on leash walking and rest, a bland diet, painkillers, antiinflammatories, and antibiotics. He thinks she'll make a full recovery but that she will be quite sore for some time and we'll just have to watch the injured skin to see if anything needs surgery later. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I would be absolutely devastated if my beloved Larky had been more seriously injured, or worse, beyond repair.

J.

Phew Julie, I was on pins and needles reading through the whole thing! I wanted to skip to the end, but was so over joyed for you for all the well wishers in the community, and want to include myself in saying thank God she is alright. Had a bit of a scare back in May with one of mine too, and I know how ya feel. Did the vet give you any indication that it could have been anything other than a car? Our best to you and all of yours, and a speedy recovery to Lark. Darci

Whew. Well, I think my BP just went down a notch. It's so wonderful you were able to bring her home today, too.

Hugs and kisses and if you need anything let me know. I can lift heavy things - at least for now. :rolleyes:

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I'm sooooo glad she's going to be OK. Tikkle sends her best wishes of speedy recovery,

A

Julie - This is the first time I got to see this! Jumping from the first post to this page (I read the end of books, too), I was relieved that things will be fine.

We had a similar event with Megan some years ago, as my daughter (not Lisa) had her out berry picking and she was "bumped" by a vehicle pulling a trailer. Laura didn't realize but I came right out because something didn't sound right, and found her on the porch, with a scraped face and a bloody nose and little else but a limp to show she'd been hurt.

We bundled her off to the vet and an x-ray showed a chip off her pelvis but no other major damage. She did enjoy the big cushy bed we made for her by the computer and took it easy for a couple of days, and then there was no holding her back.

The one good result of this episode is that Megan is very careful to get away from the road when she sees a moving car, especially one with a trailer!

Best wishes to Lark and to you, for an uneventful and full recovery!