BC Boards

Say a prayer for Larky

Julie, I am so glad she is okay. I didn't see this thread until today and I just read through the whole thing with my heart in my throat until your last update that was so sure she was okay. I hope she can rest enough to recover properly even though she is a workaholic. I also hope the other dogs aren't teasing her about it. ;-)

Get yourself some rest now that you can relax about her well-being.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there's no keeping Larky down. She was all for helping out this morning, and after more than 24 hours with no pain meds (other than the Previcox) I am amazed at her resilience. If I looked like she does I probably would be hard pressed to even crawl out of bed to go to the bathroom!

J.

Hi Laura,

Apparently the blood in her eye came from a cut just above her eye, so her eye was never actually hurt. That's the only spot I haven't been able to apply antibiotic cream (since I don't want to put anything not ophthalmic ointment on there). I took some pictures a few minutes ago, but it's hard to see the actual scrapes, especially on her head.

J.

Yup our doggies are pretty resiliant - Maggie was up and trying to chase squirrels the morning after coming home from ICU after her accident. She actually bruised/sprained her wrist but was so stoic at the vet's that they didn't notice (even w/ manipulation); she stumbled going up the stairs when she got home though. Glad Lark was even luckier than Maggie (Maggie got away w/ bruised lungs, but nothing else). :rolleyes: