BC Boards

Mick is lost Update Found

Post photos in all the neighborhood surrounding the park. I assume that the rangers already know to look for him. Notify animal control in the areas surrounding the place.

I also assume he has his collar and tags. Is he microchipped?

My son-in-law is a park ranger and has successfully returned lots of dogs. He's amazed at the number of owners who are afraid to let the rangers know - because the law is that dogs must be on leash in our parks. I rather get fined than not find Fergie!

This happened to my friend's dog. They left some clothing and hot dogs at the last place they had been together. It's also important to post signs with pictures and notify everyone you can, especially folks who look like they frequent the park a lot. My friend and her family kept checking back and after about a week, their dog was back home. Good luck!

I will keep him and you in my thoughts - hopefully he will be home soon.

Just a thought - this is a good time for all of us to remember to prepare "LOST DOG" posters with a good photo and the necessary information and contact numbers.

Mine are made and saved on my computer. I also keep a copy for each dog on card stock, one with a color photo and one with a black-and-white. That way, I'm ready to make copies on my computer or at any copy shop or machine, and post them right away.

When Julie's Kat went missing some months ago, it was her quick posting of flyers in her neighborhood that helped her get Kat back, if I remember correctly. A neighbor saw Kat and saw Julie's flyers and notified her.

When I travel with dogs, I keep their card stock flyers along with me so I can go to any copy machine or copy center and make what I need right away, if someone was to go missing.

I hope Mick is found soon, safe, and sound.

Sheryl, I hope Mick is found asap!

I've been involved with a couple of lost dog searches and it seems to me that what is done immediately is very important as is never giving up hope if the search goes on for awhile.

In addition to moral support, you've gotten some great advice here so far.

More solid advice can be found here about finding a lost pet: http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Lost-Dog

In my experience, an active search is the best way to get a pet back and the above website offers great tips on how to be most effective.

Good luck and I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for Mick.

Sue, what an excellent idea. I'm going to make sure I do that ASAP!

I can't think of anything that's more heartbreaking than looking for a lost dog. I've been there, and I was very lucky to have found my old girl. At the age of +12 years, she had travelled an incredible 18 km! from my parents place.

I sure hope Mick is found soon!

Horrible! We had the same awful story a few weeks ago, but our dog hurried back to where we lost her.

My advice would be, too, to put the food bowl, toys and his blanket to the the place where you?ve seen him the last time.

Couldn?t Frodo go on Mick?s trail?

Wish you and the dog all the best!

I found him He was down near the water waiting. (not where he disappeared from)

The down side to looking for a rescue is not knowing what he has ever been though. When he saw me it was so obvious he thought he'd be hit that he was running away. I ended up leaving the van door open and he jumped in. Then he cried and slurped my face. When I took him home and unloaded him he kept lying down and showing me his belly and wimpering. I loved on him took him in fed him and he ate everything and drank for a while.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts Prayers and advice. We are glad to have him back.