BC Boards

Need your mojo

Charlie was fine when we left on Saturday morning... then his nose started to run that morning when the dog sitter arrived. She called us and we decided to start him on extra anti-biotics in case his kennel cough got worse. He started to crash and the vet diagnosed him with pneumonia treated and sent him home this morning. My poor dog sitter just found him possibly dead. They are at the E-vet. Please have Charlie and my poor friend in your thoughts.

I know you were thinking he was just coming out on the other side of his health issues; this must hurt so much. He knew he was well loved and you all did so much more for him than many others would have - may you take comfort in that at least.

(((Hugs))) from us in SC.

Thanks everyone we are taking this harder than I could have expected. I try and keep myself from attaching too much to a foster, which seems to have back fired. If I had known we would be his last people I wouldn't have held back...we both are feeling a little guilty we were not with him in the end.

Now we just have to watch Ceana like a hawk. She developed what looked like KC as well. She is doing better on anti-biotics, but I may take her to her old CO vet before we drive home to be safe. We thought Charlie was fine as well... and that was obviously incorrect. If it was distemper and not KC we may be in for a long road. She is acting 100% at the moment, so hopefully her body has fought it.

I am really going to miss my sweet slow boy.

Thanks everyone we are taking this harder than I could have expected. I try and keep myself from attaching too much to a foster, which seems to have back fired. If I had known we would be his last people I wouldn't have held back...we both are feeling a little guilty we were not with him in the end.

Now we just have to watch Ceana like a hawk. She developed what looked like KC as well. She is doing better on anti-biotics, but I may take her to her old CO vet before we drive home to be safe. We thought Charlie was fine as well... and that was obviously incorrect. If it was distemper and not KC we may be in for a long road. She is acting 100% at the moment, so hopefully her body has fought it.

I am really going to miss my sweet slow boy.

If your dog is fully vaccinated she will be safe from distemper and since she is healthy she will be fine with the cough also. We had what we suspected was dog flu a few years ago and everyone made it through fine although a few younger rescued dogs required freq tlc.

So very sorry to hear this. Poor Charlie, who was fortunate enough to live out his time with you being surrounded by love and caring. My thoughts are also with you and with your dog-sitter, who has probably taken this hard as well.