BC Boards

It's possible

Ok, you guys remember when I asked about the Aussie pup right? Well we got a Aussie pup in to the shelter last Saturday when I was working. She was scared, shaking, and really depressed. She was with her brother up until the day they dropped her off. Someone took her brother before they got to the shelter. So for the rest of the day, and Sunday I took care of her and calmed her down. She has really bonded with me the last four days, and trusts me now too. So I have been thinking about getting her. The only thing is I want to make sure that Black Jack and her will get along. I don't want her to have to go some where else after me if it doesn't work out. She really isn't taking the shelter very good. If everything works out she will be mine Saturday or Sunday.

Here's Piper (I picked her name too :rolleyes: )

Piper-7-1.jpg

Piper-4-1.jpg

Piper-3-1.jpg

Piper-5.jpg

Yeah, I was looking at some pictures and at my book and she does look Aussie/blue heeler. Or maybe Aussie/ACD. Either way she's a great little pup. She learned her name and learned sit already.

She kind of looks like her

dandy.jpg

That was my thoughts. Cattle dog cross. What a cutie.

I bet Black Jack will love her. She's young, he can mold her into what ever he wants. Bet they'll be 2 peas in a pod.

She's Darling!

Kristen

I agree - my first impression is ACD or ACD cross.

She looks like she needs you. I really hope it works out well for all three of you (you, Black Jack, and the little girl).

Very best wishes!

Yeah, I was looking at some pictures and at my book and she does look Aussie/blue heeler. Or maybe Aussie/ACD. Either way she's a great little pup. She learned her name and learned sit already.

She kind of looks like her

dandy.jpg

Yep, I've got one of those too. Hang on to your hat, life's about to get a whole lot more interesting. :rolleyes:

She's adorable! And so lucky to have found you. Congrats

ETA

I thought I'd seen that face before...meet Jazzy, er Heidi (her foster home changed her name)

AZ114.8902686-1-x.jpg

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...i?petid=8902686

Very cute - and I agree with the others - definitely looks like ACD. And unlike the Aussie Shepherd, the ACD is a genuinely Australian dog :rolleyes: . They come in blue and red versions, and they are also known as Queensland Heeler, Blue Heeler or Red Heeler. They can sometimes be a bit hard-headed, but are generally great dogs and pretty smart too. They are 'blockier' in the body than Border Collies, not quite as agile.

cuuuuuuute! My parents have a heeler cross who looked a bit like your pup at that age. Here's him at 9 (all the puppy pics are at their house, will see if I can get them to scan a few for comparison):

Squireanticipating2.jpg

I see a lot of his personality in people's posts about their BCs, but he also has what I have heard described as very ACD characteristics. He's very bright, but has a bit of an attitude. He'll generally obey commands, but will talk back. Also a major snuggler. They don't call them "velcro dogs" just because they're fuzzy. He doesn't find dogs as interesting as people, and is very reactive towards strange dogs (I know, lack of socialization when he was little). It took him a while to become acclimated to their second dog, and he still won't let the neighbor's dog approach my Mom, but he'll play with them.

My own dog, Allie, may be a red heeler mix:

tilden044.jpg

she's also quite the snuggler. She's plenty smart and active, though I think not so much as a BC. Still, even with an untalented trainer she managed to pick up about three dozen tricks.

I have a soft spot for acds and yes she is definitely acd or acd cross. And as someone has stated blue heelers, acds, queensland heelers, plus the red heelers are all the same dog except the red heeler is red and not blue. Acd's are actually born white from the dalmation in the heritage. They do change colors as they get older but some do stay light colored.

How old do you think she is? She almost looks like an acd/jrt mix but who knows. She is adorable.

Hope you can adopt her...

Thanks everyone for your help. She does look ACD/Blue heeler/BC? Who knows. She was found on the side of the road with her brother. She isn't skinny or anything for being dropped off. She sure is having a hard time at the shelter though. She's one of thoses dogs that takes it harder than others.

As long as the meeting goes good she'll probably be coming home with me and Black Jack. I sure hope they get along. I think she's the right kind of dog that would get along with him though. She's a pretty hyper puppy, but if you play for a while she'll curl up and sleep or wait for you to come back and play. So she's almost Black Jack's twin then :rolleyes:

Oh, she's about 3 to 4 months old.

Fingers are firmly crossed!