BC Boards

Hi everyone, My name is Carrie. I got a puppy, well she is around 4 months old, I did not buy her, I got her from my sisters house. Here is her story. A few months ago my sister called and told me that her hubby was bringing home a puppy that was given to him by some friends. Apparently the mom and dad had bred accidentally, and poof a litter. Well when she said border collie, i automatically told her no. She and her hubby are not dog people, he just likes bringing them home and letting them run loose in the yard. I have had a bc before who passed, i loved him.. So i told her no way you need this dog. You cant just throw them out in the yard and ignore them, but they didnt listen, and they got her anyway.. Well she chases cars, barks all night, drags stuff up in the yard etc... So she calls me and tells me that the puppy got attacked by some other dogs monday morning, so i told her i was coming to get her, I brought her home, she is beautiful and so sweet. She had big huge ticks all over her and burrs in her hair. I was so mad, i had to bathe her 3 times, i was supprised she still had any blood left in her.. She has taken up with my kids beautifully and with my other dogs, despite a few bone mishaps, she thought it was hers and my maltese thought it was his.. Well her name was kit, but it rhymed to much with sit, so my hubby named her Blaze. She is a sweet heart, but not crate trained, or house trained. She is doing really well. I rememberd these boards from when i had my bc Zeke, which was a long time ago, so since i know its going to be a long road, and Blaze will need a lot of training and exercise, i thought i would come back, so that i know their are people here that will help me do what is best for her. I love her already, I had been wanting another bc for a while, but i guess that fate knew that Blaze would be coming to me.. Im just glad she wasnt hurt by the dogs that attacked her, and she make it through the tick thing. Now i have to get shots and heart worm meds, and the whole nine yards..

Well thanks for listening and thanks for all the future help that i am sure i will need..

Welcome back! I'm sure you will do fine with Blaze. I hope the infestation with ticks will not leave her with any disease. Good on you for rescueing her. She will be better for it. And yeah, sometimes the dog comes looking for us! Good luck. Hope to see and hear more on her progress!

Welcome back.

Kudo's to you for stepping in and rescuing Blaze from a situation that you knew would not be benefical for the pup.

May you share a long and joyful relationship with her.

Great for you "rescuing" the dog. Hope the sis doesn't want her back after you fix her up nice! :rolleyes:

As Linda mentioned, the potential for a tick-borne disease should be kept in mind. You might read up on it, here on the K9Nutrition Yahoo group. Hopefully it won't be a problem in the future - but some of the symptoms are pretty subtle, and you might miss them if you weren't aware of that potention.

Have fun with Blaze!

diane

here are a couple of pictures of Blaze.. She is so cute.. I adore her...

Oh my gosh she is BEAUTIFUL!