BC Boards

Godspeed, Nessie

Since Nell left for the Rainbow Bridge last week, Nessie has been watching with curiosity. She loves her squeaky toys, cheese, barking at bikes and being part of the pack, but that nasty, rotten tumor keeps growing and growing and it started to push on her insides and make it hard to get comfortable or to breathe.

Each day as the Bridge beckoned, she looked over her shoulder at us and her pack and her toys and decided to stay.

Today, though, she changed her mind. She wasn’t scared because Nell had been whispering to her all week that things were so much easier at the Bridge and that there were squeaky toys and cheese and a pack there, too. As she got closer, that stupid tumor just fell right off of her. Suddenly feeling light, she shot one last glace over her shoulder. And with a little wag of her tail, she was gone.

Now, she's charming the hearts of angels.

Rest in Peace our sweet, happy girl from Ohio

DSC_0073.JPG

Robin and family,

I'm so sorry to hear of Nessie's passing. :rolleyes:

I went to your site and read about how you acquired her, and the raging snowstorm that prevented her from being sent along. I'm sure now that her 'gotcha day' seems like yesterday and that she wasn't around nearly long enough with your gang (just over a year).

But your words were incredibly eloquent and you can see by the pictures that she was in heaven already with your family, so today its no different.

Our thoughts are with you,

Ailsa

Typing through my tears. That was a lovely memorial to a beautiful lady. I'm so sorry to hear of Nessie's passing. Never enough time with these amazing friends that allow us into their lives. Godspeed indeed Nessie and thoughts and prayers being sent your way too.

I'm sorry for your loss - so many old ones seem to be saying goodbye. I guess the Bridge needed some special dogs to keep the angels company. Rest in peace Nessie.

It does seem like a lot of faithful friends are being called to The Bridge lately. It hurts every time I read about another one passing. I look at Scooter, who will be four December 3, and wonder how much time I have left with him--some have gone at a young age...I dread the day.... :rolleyes:

I am so sorry to hear about Ness. Our lives with our beloved pets is never long enough. Ness is in very good company at the Bridge. Run free Ness and have a good game of chase with Nell.

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given."

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given."

So true....where did you hear that?

It breaks my heart when I read of another one of our beloved company who has gone on to the next plane of existence. I hope these words are of some comfort to you:

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide;

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be.

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright,

That this place is truly wonderful; then a bright glow pierced the night.

Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold;

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be

We are still connected by a cord no one can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Via con Dios, little Nessie; Nell is waiting for you on the other side...

Robin, I'm so sad to read about Ness passing on. It's one of the hardest damn things in the world, letting them go. I bet there's sheep to work, lots of pools and frisbees and tug toys and pillows to rest on, and somehow, sweet voices to say "Good Dog!" for all our good and faithful companions who have gone on before us.

I'm glad you had her and she had you.

Ruth