BC Boards

what time does does your bc go to sleep and wake up in the morning

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering what time your bc go to sleep and what time they wake up. my 4 months old puppy, she goes to sleep around 11 at night, and wake up anytime between 6 and 6:30. I wish she can sleep untill 8, but i don't know what to do.

hope all your bc's are doing great

I am just wondering what time your bc go to sleep and what time they wake up. my 4 months old puppy, she goes to sleep around 11 at night, and wake up anytime between 6 and 6:30. I wish she can sleep untill 8, but i don't know what to do.

Senneca thinks that 04.00 is a fine time to start checking if it's time to get up -- by 04.30 my wet-nosed alarm clock has done her job and I simply have to get up. By nine in the evneing she's ready to go to bed.

My older dogs could not care less. They go to sleep when we do and get up when we do. They have adjusted to our activity. I am normally up around 5:00 and the guys are ready to go. My youngest dog however had some difficulty sleeping all night. He would wake up very early and want to go out. Even now at a year if I do not get to him shortly after I am up he will rattle his crate to let me know I forgot about him. His first order of business is to go out. If your dog is only four months when she wakes perhaps she needs to go out. I would expect as she gets older she will adjust. With our youngest dog, the older he got the longer he would stay in his crate quietly and he of course can now go much longer periods without heeding to go out.

I feel absolutely blessed. My 9 week old puppy goes to bed when I do between 11-12 and usually wakes up between 7:00 and 8:00, but she quietly chews her raw hide until daddy wakes up closer to 8:30. However, she knows we are going directly outside the second I wake up...If I dare head toward the kitchen or bathroom she'll give me a warning "mini tinkle"

Mine sleep as soon as we get home from training each night (anywhere from 9.30-11 depending on where training was). If she is in a covered crate Delta wakes about 9.30-10 but will stay quiet until about 12 if I'm still in bed (quite often the case :D ). If she is "loose" in the room she wakes about 7.30 and starts scratching at the door to go out. I usually throw her and the fosters outside and go back to bed with Charlie. One day last week Charlie and I slept until 3pm!!!

ETD: Spelling :rolleyes:

Sollers, who acts like the "little kid" in lotsa ways, puts himself in his crate when he's tired---usually about 10:30-11PM.

Kip likes to stay up late, hanging out with the humans upstairs, however late we're up, til we take him downstairs and put him to bed.

They both sleep about 8 hrs from whenever they go to bed. Sol is usually up first. Kip lounges around like a teenager sleeping in.

For a 4 month old, that's pretty good!

Daisy usually goes to be with me, weeknights about 10, weekends about 12, week days we get up at 5:15 am and she's the one who doesn't want to get out of bed, weekends, I usually get a cold nose in the eye at about 7, if I want to keep sleeping I just tell her to lay down and she's fine until I get up. But she's almost 4 which helps!

Scooter starts to wilt around 10:00, but recently he won't go to bed till I do. I'm a night person, so some nights he's up pretty late. He could be upstairs sleeping, but the minute he hears me sit down on the couch, he drags himself downstairs and plops down near me, sighs loudly, then falls asleep again. Probably that herding thing--"I don't sleep till everyone's in bed and accounted for!" LOL! If I leave our bedroom door open, he'll stand outside the room and peer in around 5 a.m., then walk away. He doesn't bark or anything--I'm just aware that he's there. Then he's back around 6 a.m. with the cold nose alarm, or the paws on the chest wake up call! :rolleyes:

Popcorn will start nagging me about 10:30 or 11pm to go into the bedroom for the night, while Pepper will just go in and lie down on her own. Their last trip out at night, to "go" is around midnight.

Every other morning, they both get let out again at 3:30am when husband goes off to dialysis and then again at 8am.

Otherwise on his days off dialysis, they just wait and go out at 8am.

Usher puts himself to bed. He goes into his crate around 10:30 or 11:00 PM. If I feel like taking him for a midnight walk he doesn't mind. Then he will go right back to bed. He usually sleeps until 7-8 AM. He's on MY schedule- LOL.

Petey has no schedule. He'll stay up with whoever is the last to bed, and he'll stay in bed with whoever is still sleeping. If he knows that someone is not at home, he will wait at the top of the stairs for them to arrive home (in a sort of half-sleep:P), whether that be at midnight or 3 am! Same goes for the morning, if someone is still sleeping, he'll be right there with them, snoozing away. He's also more than content to stay with someone if they've called in sick to work. He's very low-key, but dynamite when you need him to be. I make him sound so lazy!

My three flop down on their "livingroom" beds around 8pm, and remain there half asleep until I go to bed aroud 11pm.

Lizzy & Jak will keep sleeping until I get up in the morning... no matter what time. But Brassy is wide awake by 5:30 am. She keeps checking us to see if we're ready to get up. Then finally when the alarm goes of at 6:30 am, she's tap dancing on the hard wood, and wants her breakast. There is no sleeping in with Miss Brassy Pants..... but she is so cute to wake up to. :rolleyes:

Normally Black Jack goes to bed in his crate around 11pm. Then I get him out of his crate around 12 for a quick walk then we're both off to bed. He wakes me up around 6:30 and I get up no later than 7am. On the weekends he lets me sleep in until 8 before I get the cold nose and puppy kisses :rolleyes:

During the summer my dogs and I go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am seven days a week. Sometimes we'll stay up later but always get up at 6 unless I forget to set the alarm clock. During the cooler parts of the year I go to work at 7:30 so I usually stay up later. They always go to bed when I do and get up when I do to go to work with me.

Bailey, Ginger and Willow pretty much follow my schedule. They will hang out until I go to bed. After their last potty break they head upstairs with me. That is usually around 11:00p.m. They sleep until I wake up, which is between 6:00 and 7:00am. Sometimes they are up earlier, but they sit quietly, watching me. I can feel their eyes on me! The second I open my eyes they are all wiggly and excited that I'm awake. There usually isn't any return to sleeping after that!

If we are visiting somebody, they will go find a quiet spot around 10:00p.m. to go to sleep. When we get in the car they will pass out again for the ride home. Once home they will head right to sleep.

My husband's husky, Odin, does not like to be out visiting past his bedtime. He will start to pace back and forth near the door around 10:00p.m. He wants to go home to go to bed. He is becoming an old man!

Moose goes to bed when my wife and I do, which is around 11PM. When he wakes up really depends on what he does that day. If he is in the crate most of the day and we can't take him for a long walk then we pay for it the following morning b/c he had all day to sleep and did not get to burn that energy off. So he is walking around most of the night. If we take him for a nice long walk he will sleep in as late as we do.

My two go to bed when I do, which is usually around 9.30, right after their last trip outside.

They get up when my alarm goes off. They are so conditioned to the sound! Depending on the day, it goes off anywhere from 2.30 to 4.30 in the morning (early morning baking shifts). On my one day off a week, if I don't set the alarm, they'll start fussing around 5, but will go back to sleep for 30 min or so if I holler at them.

9-10 at night and sleep till around 10am. this morning I had to be up for wroth at 7am..I litterlly had to drag my dogs out of bed, send them outside.. and when they came in they all ran down to my room and went back to sleep. ya..I dont really have the dogs waking me up problem... flyball tournys used to be fun..getting up at 4-5am? we had to physocally drag them out of bed..they thought we were insane.

They go to sleep when we do and get up when we do.

Annie is the same way. Because I get up early on weekdays to go to work, DW comes to bed after I do. From the time I retire until DW retires, Annie sleeps on the bed with me; before retiring, DW lets Annie out one last time for the night, and then puts her in her den. Of course, Annie sleeps in her den in our bedroom, so she is up whenever we are. We did try letting Annie sleep on the bed a couple of times; but after having been awakened by an insistent BC with a ball in her mouth at 4 AM, we decided that this was not an optimal situation.