BC Boards

Aspirin - my dog ate at least 20 pills tonight !!!!!!

Yay! It is kind of funny, but I worried in the same fashion i would one of my own! :eek: He is one special boy. I am relieved things are looking better. Again give Ouzo a hug from my pack :rolleyes:

And flirting with the Vet tech. Good boooy Ouzo! :D I bet he had them all just fawning over him too!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tassie:

Thanks so much for the update - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been hanging out for news.

No, you weren't. I'm very happy to hear how well he's doing. Accidents happen - but dang, bc's seem to attract more than their fair share - to the detriment of our wallets and sleep! :rolleyes:

I recently realized that EVERY single day (well, mostly evenings), Ouzo manges to do ONE bad thing, which, most of the time, make us laugh. Let's try to recap the last few days...

Tuesday - aspirin OD (bigest deed yet!)

Monday - can't remember what, but there was something, for sure

Sunday - pulled napking (to eat it) from under a bowl of salsa and sour cream, bowl went SPLASH right onto my couch (yummy!)

Saturday - while enjoyin the fishing trip, he chewed off and broke his extendable leash

Friday - chewed and broke a plastic dog tag that was attached to my husband's backpack, it was light and motion sensitive, so it was fun to chew something that was blinking

Thursday - stole plastic hanger, ripped it into pieces, which, wierdly enough, were found scattered on the floor, but still in the shape of a hanger (imagine dinosaur scheletons)

I'm very glad to hear that Ouzo is doing so well in his recovery. If he got 20 aspirin, then considering his weight it would be like an adult human getting 80 aspirin, and that would be a fatal dose. So getting him medical care quickly did in fact save his life. All is well that ends well, even though your wallet is a lot lighter.

I like the pictures -- he is a good looking boy.

Hector

So glad he's okay!! And I love the look on his face in the first picture. Butter wouldn't melt... :rolleyes::D

Sorry, I'm coming in to this late. When Bree was about 6 months old, she and Ginger managed to find a box of Pepto Bismol tablets. They managed (between the two of them) to snarf down approx. 13 tablets between them before I caught them. Pepto is essentially aspirin. At the time I didn't realize how significant that was, but Bree started acting funny in the night, so off to the ER Vet we went. Same deal, trying to throw up, activated charcoal, IV's, the whole deal.

They came through it just fine, and earned themselves a nickname by the ER Techs - "The Troublemakers". They will probably tell you this, but the biggest concern once the crisis is over is kidney or liver damage, and ulcers of the stomach and intestines. You'll want to keep an eye out for black and tarry stools (aside from the charcoal exiting) and if you see that or bloody stools, let them know.

I'm so very glad it looks like he's on the mend! Maybe you guys can get some sleep now. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness he's ok! I've been worrying about the little guy. He looks adorable, bright eyed and happy in the pictures.

Ummm, and from the sounds of things he's getting into (including aspirin!), it's time to dog-proof the house! :rolleyes:

BustopherJones, you're right: no headaches for Ouzo, just for us :rolleyes:

He came back from his second day of IV treatment, they took the cathether out but his leg is still bandaged. We're going again tomorrow morning to have some blood test and the dr will call us with the results Saturday. Maybe we can go on our trip, as planned.

This morning, when we left him at the vet, he acted exactly like a kid being dropped at the kindergarden for the fist time and not wanting to stay there! Guess yesterday he didn't realize what was happening and went willingly with the doctor in the back. Today, as soon as the tech took him by the leash and tried to get him to go with her in the back, and he saw me going for the door, he started crying like a baby and pulling to reach me. I had to go outside, and let my husband go with him in the back. He's never acted like this before, but again, we never left him in a strange place before yesterday

He's now wrestling with Chris in the bed Things are back to normal!!!