BC Boards

NC Border Collie get together

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebecca,

Sorry to disappoint, but the eggs won't be itty bitty since my hens were all broody all spring and most of the eggs (well, some anyway) are now chicks. Twist ate the rest in her pregnant state. So the eggs I have for deviling are, unfortunately, store bought, though they are of the free-range variety! :rolleyes:

J.

Colby's still sickly but now on antibiotics so we'll be there for awhile at least. I'm still bringing stromboli but have no idea what else right now - I'll come up with something for a side and something sweet. Watergate salad maybe?

Tex-mex goes with anything as far as I'm concerned!

Watergate, oh my!

I've convinced my long suffering landlord to largely clear out the barn and I just swept it out (it has a wood floor). We may want to set up the food in there and then we won't have to move stuff around like crazy if a storm blows up suddenly.

The spinach ricotta pie and whities are in the oven! I think we'll bring a bottle of white wine. Chuck decided Guinness is too heavy for North Carolina July.

Every one have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures ( I know you will )Keep the rest of us in mind when your meeting and visiting. It is pretty special how it is all coming together.

Andrea D.

If it rains:

We will simply move the festivities inside. Kerry is on the road already so it would be really stinky to cancel at this point. We can have someone who lives close-ish bring a herding DVD and we can work our dogs vicariously. I'm sure we can think of SOMEthing to talk about to each other for a few hours!

I do not believe it is supposed to be solid rain all day - if we get rain at all. Again, we are usually the last to get anything and the lightest hit, in general.

I've still got "scattered showers" on my forecast, both internet and radio.

I've got plenty of room for emergency inside stayovers, also. Two full sized futons and a VERY comfy couch.

Hey...

Gotta agree with Wobin... the menu sounds GREAT!

But, tomorrow is a foot trimmin' MUST... so, if somebody wants to swing by here to help me get that done, then maybe I'll have enough energy to head nawth to Semora.

Have FUN!!!!

Colin

Hope you all have a great time, maybe someday we will make it down. Looking for all your pictures, it has been fun eavesdropping on all your planning!

Fun, fun, don't make yourselves and your doggies sick eating all that yummy-sounding food. Hope all the dogs get along as well.

Colin I would so take you up on that - but I didn't plan well and left a lot of last minute things to do. Definitely next time, however - just give me some warning! I really like to trim hooves - if someone else holds the sheep for me!

Should we bring plastic cups and a couple of chairs? We're sort of packing up while following the TdF time trial online and getting ready for a tandem ride.