BC Boards

happy new year everyone!!

Originally posted by donna frankland (uk):

hope i have spelt everything right, i am very drunk :rolleyes: :D

LOL, No one minds the spelling now: they're either already starting to get drunk, or by tomorrow, like Dixie Girl said, they'll be to busy with their hangover to notice such minor details

As New Year has already happened here, how should I know if it's your spelling or my reading? Happy New Year, and, cheers

Happy New Year!!

Only three hours, eight minutes left :rolleyes:

I think I can stay awake it until then

short hangovers for everyone

The only fireworks I'll get to see is on tv this year. But I'll enjoy them anyway. Hey were else can you watch the ball drop in New York in your socks? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WyoBC:

Hey were else can you watch the ball drop in New York in your socks? :rolleyes:

And surrounded by, and cuddling with your pups? HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!

Hey, I'm just crossing my fingers that we DON'T have fireworks this year! We live by a beach, and last year there were about 15 minutes of real full-on fireworks sent off from a barge right offshore, right by us. And they had not been scheduled, permitted, or announced. Evidently some local mucky-muck just went ahead. Before I had a gun-shy border collie I'd have thought that was just fine. But Daisy HATES fireworks! So I'm planning to be here to hold her paw if it happens again this year.

Happy New Year!

Well, we did have fireworks this year, so near us that the house was rattling. Daisy managed to curl into the tiniest ball in the furthest corner of our bedroom, as far as possible from the noise. If she could have squeezed under the bed with the cat, she would have. Poor baby, she doesn't howl or panic bark, she just looks so miserable. Thank goodness we don't have noise like that very often.

Happy New year everyone!! My two hate fireworks so the barking began at midnight last night and carried on for a half hour. At that point my poor 3 yr old was awake.

Happy New Year to All!

Allie is not a fan of fireworks, party-poppers (a tradition in our house, along with fireworks), or loud noises, so she is curled up with Benadryl in her crate at the moment.

But we wish all of you a joyous and happy New Year!

Regards,

you know what i said about not doing hangovers?

i lied, i felt like poo all day yesterday, dragged my lazy butt out of bed at stupid o'clock in the afternoon, put some washing on and went back to bed :rolleyes:

good job chris was here and sober for the dogs eh?

i ended up walking them at 10.30pm!

but the moon was beautiful! i didnt even need a torch

Happy New Year one and all!!

Thanks to everyone for their support and assistance through this board. It has been a lifesaver for me and a comforting place to go when in need of a pickmeup.

Our girls just hate, hate, hate fireworks (any any loud noise) and thunderstorms - is Benedryl a good way to go? I never thought of this.... I'd appreciate any insight since we have so many thunderstorms here in Florida.

Thanks and Happy New Year again.

Oh Donna, you are not the only one who felt like POO all day yesterday. I had my last drink around 2am. I went to bed shortly there after. I was puking all day yesterday. I was finally able to keep some cup-o-soup down at around 7pm. last night. Im still not feeling all that great. I didnt even drink that much! Only a couple of drinks. . .well, they were pretty strong.

Someone mentioned party poppers???? Dont get me started on the party poppers. My brilliant dh hit me in the face with one of those. Um HELLO! You aim them up at the ceiling! Oh and then, when I went to pull mine it ended up being a dud and burnt my hand. Bla, bla, bla. But still, I had a good time.