BC Boards

O/T: I love the boards!

Wow, the snazziness is overwhelming. :D

I think I must be an old fart though as knowing how many people have viewed something and who is online reading seems weird and 1984-ish. I fear change!!!! :rolleyes:

LOL!! I didn't get the reference at first!! I thought, "1984? That would be really outdated. We didn't even have the internet in 1984!!!!"

Of course, I got the reference after that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?

Looks like when I give it several things to do, and insert between each bracket, the typed text comes up with that command but it won't do just the one text with different font, size, color bold and italized.

Edited by Dixie_Girl

how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?how about this?

Looks like when I give it several things to do, and insert between each bracket, the typed text comes up with that command but it won't do just the one text with different font, size, color bold and italized.

You have to have the one set of text bracketed with everything you want it to do around it. So:

[ font ] [ size ] [ color ] Looopa loopa loopa! [ /font ] [ /size ] [ /color ] (Spaces are just in there so you can see it, of course they won't be there when you make your settings)

It doesn't always just give it to you that way. You might have to rearrange it yourself.

Edited by Root Beer

Hey, try this -- it works for me...

1. Write what you're going to post.

2. Left click and drag to highlight a section you want in color, for example.

3. Leave it highlighted [highlit?] and click on the function [italics, color, font or whatever].

Then scroll down a bit and click on "Preview Post" --- the changes should show up.

Good luck!!!

To get that big red "Good luck!!!", for instance, I just kept highlighting Good luck!!! and clicking on the effects I wanted.

Ok this HAS to do it!

Ok, here's a way to do it! When you click on font you put the "I" curser between the brackets, then leaving it there, you click on the size, then move the "I" curser between the size brackets, leave it there and click on the color choice, repeat curser placement, etc. for every new thing you want it to do. When you have the curser between the last brackets, type your message! TA DA!!!

Edited by Dixie_Girl

Don't have time to figure everything out right now..but from what I've seen it sure looks good! Thanks!!

I see it says I'm a Junior member. ItsADogsLyfe was my original name and I had a lot of problems with passwords and signing on years ago so I changed to J.E.S but Eileen was kind enough to help me get this name back in use. I guess I didn't post very much using this name...

Edited by ItsADogsLyfe

I like the new boards more and more I think. I was a little homesick at first but I think I'll get used to it. I really like seeing who is logged on, and I like the new 2007 look :rolleyes: What about a chat room? That would be awsome :D

Ok I'll try, How about this, Ok, now, and finally

Linda,

I see your problem--you've got the "end codes" at the beginning. Anything with the slash / tells the system to stop whatever code you're using. So if you want something in bold you use b in brackets at the start of the string you want in bold and then put /b in brackets at the end of the string. In other words no matter what code you're trying to use, all the "directions" without the slashes go in front of the text string, and all of the codes *with* slashes go at the end. When you use the buttons at the top, it gives you both the starting and ending codes, so you need to put your text between them. Does that make sense?

J

Edited by juliepoudrier

I tried to post this yesterday, and it never showed up. Let's see if it works today.

I'm so glad the boards are back. But I miss features of the old version.

I loved the little arrow at the top of a thread that took me to the fist one I had't already read. Now I have to scroll down at check dates and such. My geek son-in-law liked that arrow so much that he was going to try to find the coding to use himself.

I also seemed to be able to identify boards and threads with new posts easier. I don't see any way to know if a board has new information without going there,

And I wish there were some way to know what all those icons along the top of this box are for without actually using them.

But, then, I'm a curmudgeonly troglodyte who does not even own a cell phone, never mind iPod, Blackberry, ....

test test

Got it! Wanna know the secret of switching these fonts?

Make sure to click on the toggle button on the upper right hand corner that says Switch between standard and rich text editor.

It defaults to standard, where you see the code, but as soon as you switch to RTF it's much easier :D

:rolleyes: