BC Boards

O/T: I love the boards!

Hi Nancy,

I loved the little arrow at the top of a thread that took me to the fist one I had't already read. Now I have to scroll down at check dates and such. My geek son-in-law liked that arrow so much that he was going to try to find the coding to use himself. >>

Click on the little orange square immediately to the left of the thread name, and it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

>

Look at the little red and blue suitcase-y looking icons to the extreme left of each thread name. If they are pale, there are no new posts. If they are vivid, there are new posts.

>

Hold your cursor over them for a second or two and they'll tell you.

>

As one curmudgeonly troglodyte to another, hang in there. Fool around trying different things and you'll soon feel like a kewl kid. That's my plan, anyway. :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still trying to get used to it all - but i like it!!

I liked the quick reply box though (that was just at the bottom of the threads), I am not seeing a way to have that here. It must be in there somewhere....

Good job everyone on the new look!

Joan, glad to see you here again! How was the move? Bet the dogs are loving it! Did you ever get a hold of Annette before you left?

Linda,

I have been living here in Idaho for 4 mos now! Today I went to a Patrick Shannahan clinic. I had a good time even though I just audited it. I'm still looking for someone to work with but with my inconsistant work schedule, its hard. I never did contact Annette before I left. I hope Cowboy is still doing well. Funny how she just dropped off the boards after getting him. I would like to know how he's doing. How are you doing?

I wish there were something that made it obvious that that little orange box had that effect.

I use SeaMonkey: no matte how long I hold my cursor over anything, I get nothing.

I'm too dang old to get to be kool. I remember "Kookie, Kookie, lend me yor comb." Heck, I remember "Purple People Eater"!

Just to add to Eileen's post.... if you want to when you're viewing a forum click on "Forum Options" in the upper right corner and you can "Mark All Posts Read." Posts are marked as read automatically (I'm pretty sure) but if there's a lot of them (like right now since we all just migrated so ALL of them are marked "unread") you can flag them all as "unread"... so next time you visit you will see only the brand new ones highlighted. :D I hope that makes sense! Try it out for a while and see what I mean. :rolleyes:

Also, when an entire forum has been marked read (or you've clicked on every new topic in a forum) then the icon on the main index is faded, showing that there's nothing new!

Edit to add: Also, on the main index if you scroll down to the bottom of all the forums on the right there is a "mark all forums as read" link. Click that and it marks everything on ALL the forums as read.

Edited by Lunar