BC Boards

IM FIRST!!!

tucknjill

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha!

I knew if I waited around her long enough (like, 5 years) somebody would start to share the insider secrets of how to be more competitive at a trial.

(Unfortunately, this one ain't going to help me much.)

charlie

If I bent over to pick up my stick, coming or going, I'd be sure to LOSE points! Therefore, I keep hold of my stick. Besides, it's the only thing keeping me upright.

The blind-man cane sounds very useful, especially the way I handle my dog. Where do you find those, Charlie?

Hey Jenny and Marianna - i'm with you on the whistle thing and hanging the crook over your arm. For awhile i was using the white stick so i could stick it in the ground and have one less thing to fool with when i've got my fingers stuck in my mouth. This weekend i'm going back to the crook. Wanna bet i figure out a way to drop the darned thing anyway?

Robin Penland took one look at me at the finals while I was all bundled up with my touque (that's a snow hat for you non-Canadians - see I speak American and Canadian) on and told me I better not go to the post like that. So I went to the post with my tight wranglers and my hair done. I used Scott's crook so I didn't bend over to pick up the stick. It was freezing but I needed all the help I could get! I got to the shedding ring with enough points and time to finish it and go to the next level, but the dog just couldn't move the sheep to the center of the ring. He just wasn't enough dog (I knew that going into it) and so I ended up fighting with the sheep and not calling the dog in until they yelled "TIME". However, those girly points might have worked had the dog been able to finish. Anyone else try for girly points?

Jenny

sniffle..Tom Lacy told me I lost no points on my fetch cause he couldnt see around me..sniffle..sigh does that count? Good lord, I dont think I have ever got Girlie points...Maybe I should go on that diet after all...ICK though, I dont think I could stand being a girl...Yuck! I have, however, gotten extra points based on the fact that I could probably have taken the judge in a fist fight and I did tell Jeanne Weaver (a good friend) that if she called me off (course director at the finals) that I was gonna thrash her and she wouldnt be invited to the potluck that night.. Does that count the same way?

Just had another bday....

Hmmmmmm, thirty-? (you know what I mean). :rolleyes:

....,I am well on my way to being old just like everyone else!

Not everyone! And no I can't be charged.

Mark

P.S. Craig, brown nosing may do you good under the handler's tent but once she's at the post it's everyone for themselves.

34 Mark, I AM 34! Off to Parkers today...YAWNNNNNNNNNN I am about done trialing for the year..I want to stay home and train puppies...You all behave while we are all gone.

Oh, and Mark, if you see ME drop my stick...Yep I am just very klutzy. I still just dont get the whole girl thing. Remember I didnt know what "O" was..remember, international symbol for new marketing dollars. Oh well maybe I will get it one day!

Hey Mark, you and I have both crossed the 40 line, but you still get carded at the grocery store buying wine don't ya? I do. :rolleyes:

I'd say we still look every bit of 34 (or 35?). Imagine what Sam will look like in 5 (or 6) years? I'm sure she'll still look just as young and chipper (or "beautiful and radiant" as Craig said), so she can use 34 for that that many more years!