BC Boards

Boy's in the hospital

Thank goodness. I am so relieved. Prayers are powerful things. So glad we could all pull together and put healing vibes out for Boy as I'm convinced they always help. Glad you found a good vet also.

Yay! for Boy!! :rolleyes: Here's to his coninued improvement!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed all of this, so here is my response:

(pretend its Saturday): I'm so sorry to hear about that! Know my thoughts and prayers will be with you guys. I surely do hope he can find some turn-around soon!!

(pretend its today): I surely am relieved to hear he's doing some better! Please keep us up to date, OK? Still in my thoughts and prayers.

Originally posted by Miztiki:

It's called VCA Animal Emergency Hospital Southeast 713-941-8460 (they're the closest to us if you ever need them). The only other emergency one in Houston that I'm aware of is over by the Galleria somewhere.

Boy is doing so much better today! Last night he cried out a couple times but today he's really doing a whole lot better. I bought some flats of plants last week and they really needed to get into the ground, so we've been out doing that today. Boy just got better and better as the day went on and even started trotting around a bit by the end of the evening! At the rate he's going, he'll be enticing Fynne to chase him in another day or two! :rolleyes:

I've been doing a ton of research and from what I've read, I'm hoping that if this is an acute case of Toxo, that this will pretty much be the end of it. From what I understand, the cysts can stay in the body forever but unless his immune system is severely compromised for some reason then it should become dormant and not trouble him any more.

So I'm really hoping this emotional rollercoaster ride is over! But he's doing really, really good tonight so I'm really happy about that!

Oh, and we finally got RAIN this morning too! My plants are gonna be so happy! :D

LOTS OF RAIN!!! Thanks! You know theres a vets office in Pearland called Claws and paws! Not to far from me! Ill keep that place in mind! thanks.

News says Pearland got 6 inches as opposed to only 4 inches in Friendswood.

I've been home all day but hubby says he was an hour late for work this morning. The roads were all flooded on the way into Houston I guess and everyone was late.

We've only been here a couple years but we had spring floods last year too, with water nearly up to my knees in some part of the yard (and floating fireball ants). I guess this is the land of extremes. No rain, too much rain, so hot you're gonna die... :rolleyes:

For anyone living on the north side of Houston who needs an animal ER, there is an emergency clinic -open at nights and over the weekends. It's near FM 249 and Cypresswood on the west side of the roadway. The clinic has been in operation for over 20 yrs and have taken care of several my pet emergencies, and had excellent facilities.

I've been home all day but hubby says he was an hour late for work this morning. The roads were all flooded on the way into Houston I guess and everyone was late.

We've only been here a couple years but we had spring floods last year too, with water nearly up to my knees in some part of the yard (and floating fireball ants). I guess this is the land of extremes. No rain, too much rain, so hot you're gonna die... :rolleyes:

Our street was at least 10 inches high in water yesterday! And our back yard was just alittle shorter!But since were on the friendswood/pearland border i guess we got both the rains! I got the wood! You ge the nails and hammer!

AMEN!! I am illergic to fire ants! Not as bad as alot of ppl but swell up pretty big! I wanted to get pics cause Me and Tex played alot in the rain and flooded streets and our yard! So fun but to wet to get pics!My dad was late to work and to home! He works in Shadow creek ranch .You have to go threw pearland to get to it.

Glad he is home wth his mommy and daddy and on his way to a quiet recovery. The emergency hospitals are great but nothing beats home with all the nurturing he needs from family. Please give him a kiss from Cody and me!!! I truly know how helpless you feel in this situation-it is hard and you feel so hurt and distraught, but these are natural feelings so just fly with them and we will all keep you and Boy in our prayers!!!

Miz-

Im sorry I havent written anything, I havent had internet hooked up yet. Dumb phone company takes for flippin ever here.

I am so glad Boy is home. You have done so much good for him, and I know everyone here truly admires your dedication and love of Boy. Im glad Fynne wasnt a pest or another worry you had to deal with.

I hope this nightmare is over and you can go on with your life knowing Boy is ok and you can stop worrying about Boy, about more money spending on him, about everything.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your whole family is. Good luck Miz.

Boy is still doing pretty well. I heard from the neuro today and updated everyone. It's in the health section. I'll probably post in Carolina Garden too.

The weather is fine! No problems at all. All of the rain has soaked in so no worry about mosquitoes. My rain flowers all bloomed and look very nice!!

Fynne's fine too but I'm sure she'd like to get back to running and playing with her brother. She's not giving us any problems at all and is on the couch next to her mommy at the moment.

Thanks!

Zook, I already thanked you, so you don't get no more nice out of me! :rolleyes::D