BC Boards

Smell Of Dogs Feet

This may come accross as a strange question, is it me or do dogs feet smell nice to you?

I've been speaking to some colleagues at work about me new puppy, and mentioned that i love the smell of dogs feet.

I remember years ago when i was a child, smelling my labradors feet, they reminded me of McVities Digestive Biscuits.

Also, do you let your dogs kiss your face? I do, but everybody i've spoken to tell me they would never allow it?

Dog feets rock!

Most smell like one of two things: Popcorn or Fritos.

:D

I'm glad its not just me, i was beginning to think there was something strange about me!

Looks like there's something strange about the both of us in that case :rolleyes:

Daisy's smell like corn chips, which I am assuming are similar to Fritos.

We always let her kiss our face. Can't stop it really, she strategically places her body and legs so that we can not move away. Really, you shouldn't, it's kind of gross if you think about it and I'm sure really germy, but what ever. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Clearly if she just eat a dead mouse or bird it would be a no-go.

I am all for doggy kisses on the face! But I know it completely grosses out most of my family and friends. LOL. It's funny because I'm a complete germ-o-phobe with people, but not so much with dogs (even if they aren't mine!)

And, yep- there's something comforting about the Dorito feet. :D I find it to be earthy and grounding somehow.

Color me strange!! :rolleyes:

Guest maya's mom

I can not believe I am not the only one that thinks dog feet smell like fritos! When we were little, my dad used to call our family dog, the "Frito-Bandito"!

As for kissing, Maya does lick our face, but she is not overly kissy. I don't like when other people's dogs go in for a wet one though!

DH lets the dogs lick all over his face! In fact, when he's home, he is woke up several times a night, cuz Jackson thinks he needs to give him a "hello, did you miss me?" licking after he comes in from outside. Me? The dogs know anywhere but my face! I love my dogs, but I've seen where their tongues have been!

Well, that's a new one on me... I never noticed my dogs feet having any odor to them LOL. As far as kisses go, my new pup is'nt "kissy", but my last dog Roxie was. That was one of her favorite commands, I'd say "come here and give me a kiss girl" she'd jump in my lap at 100 miles per hour, put her paws on my shoulders and kiss away!

Here's is the weird thing... dog feet came before corn chips, that means our description is the other way around. Corn chips/popcorn/fritos smell like dog feet!

That's perfectly correct. This proves the power of Marketing; make snacks that smell like dogs' paws and then convince people that they smell/taste yummy.

:rolleyes: It's never occured to me to smell Jake's feet!! I'll have to check it out tomorrow, once he is up!

Yes, I let Jake kiss my face, though, he mainly licks under my chin. What I miss, is puppy breath. Now that he is loosing his teeth, his breath STINKS! :D

Such a funny thread. What are Frittos?

When I take Meg to the seashore and she walks on sea weed there is a lovely smell of sea from her in the evening . I will need to have a closer sniff of her feet. :rolleyes:

:D I don't encourage kisses , maybe an ear lick!

I always feel that however loving and gentle a dog is that faces are best kept out of reach.

I only have one kisser and she's such a doll I haven't been able to tell her to stop.

I'm not a fan of to many kisses but a quick hug and kiss is all I need.

The rest won't kiss my face. Maybe lick my hand or arm but not the face.

Feet, depends on where we've been as to what they smell like. The kisser has a habit of trying to pet me on my head like I pet her, she has a command for that, "no feet". :rolleyes:

My dogs live on a farm and consequently I don't generally put my nose (or any other part of my face) near their feet, especially not after they've been working. But even just running around the yard means they're stepping in chicken poop and the like. I also don't let my dogs lick my face. In fact, I don't like to be licked by a dog at all. As someone else noted, their mouths are generally in places (eating sheep or chicken poo, for example, or licking body parts) that don't make them exactly something I want kissing me.

J.

My dogs live on a farm and consequently I don't generally put my nose (or any other part of my face) near their feet, especially not after they've been working. But even just running around the yard means they're stepping in chicken poop and the like. I also don't let my dogs lick my face. In fact, I don't like to be licked by a dog at all. As someone else noted, their mouths are generally in places (eating sheep or chicken poo, for example, or licking body parts) that don't make them exactly something I want kissing me.

J.

Amen, Sister! Yuck!

Most smell like one of two things: Popcorn or Fritos.

:D

Maybe this is why I've never liked Fritos? :rolleyes:

Licks are fine here. Not on the lips or ears though. I mostly prefer any licks to be given on the chin, hands, legs, feet.