BC Boards

Prayers and Mojo needed for Alex

Calling the vet tomorrow and praying that it is nothing. Alex was outside earlier and barked and barked at me until I was within a couple feet of her and then got all excited with the it's my mom. She is also startled by movement on her right side. She's only 3 and has made so much progress from the aggressive little monster. I have never been this close with any dog and I have been blessed with many good dogs in my life. I think this the dog I was meant to have and now I'm afraid something is wrong.

Esox

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts. A little more on the bond between Alex and I. I'm a veteran. She has healed me so much. This may sound strange to say about a Border Collie, but I have learned how to be calm again. Last night I was not having one of my best nights and after our nightly walk and playing she hopped up in bed with me and just lay

her head on my stomach and we went to sleep.

Esox

I'm a veteran. She has healed me so much. This may sound strange to say about a Border Collie, but I have learned how to be calm again. Last night I was not having one of my best nights and after our nightly walk and playing she hopped up in bed with me and just lay

her head on my stomach and we went to sleep.

Esox

Not strange at all. Makes perfect sense. I have experienced and assisted others to experience the healing power of dogs and horses.

Holding you and Alex in my thoughts tonight.

Flyer

Alex had her eyes checked and she is FINE. She goes back in June for her physical. She goes everything 6 months. She did have a minimal amount of discharge from her eye so she might have a little cold. Her lungs are clear so just keeping an "eye" on her.

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts.

Esox

Esox,

Just a thought, but especially with young dogs if you appear different than normal (say, wearing a hat when you usually don't, or wearing a dress when she usually sees you in pants), it can cause them to behave in the way Alex did. I've seen youngster do exactly that when someone they know well comes up and has a different look about them--the classic one is wearing a hat when the dog has never seen the person in one. So it's entirely possible that Alex just got confused by something different in the way you looked or in your demeanor/carriage. It's good to know she's fine, but I just thought I'd pass this info along in case it happens again in the future.

J.

Esox,

Just a thought, but especially with young dogs if you appear different than normal (say, wearing a hat when you usually don't, or wearing a dress when she usually sees you in pants), it can cause them to behave in the way Alex did. I've seen youngster do exactly that when someone they know well comes up and has a different look about them--the classic one is wearing a hat when the dog has never seen the person in one. So it's entirely possible that Alex just got confused by something different in the way you looked or in your demeanor/carriage. It's good to know she's fine, but I just thought I'd pass this info along in case it happens again in the future.

Your story reminded me of a time I went out to work with a young horse, that up until that afternoon, was incredibly easy to work with.... She had the wild eyed look of a nut case! Wouldn't come near me. This is a Filly I could never get a photo of because she would get away from me! I couldn't figure it out....what was different today from any other day? I was wearing SUNGLASSES!!!! She must have thought I was an Alien!

J.