BC Boards

Does your BC love the snow?

My Border Collie absolutely loves the snow. I don't think I have ever seen a dog freak out when it starts snowing like Shake. I have certainly seen dogs enjoy the snow, but Shake sees it snowing outside and just goes crazy wanting to play in the snow. have any of you had a similar experience?

my.php?image=shakesnofrolic2pp8.jpg

http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...ofrolic2pp8.jpg

Fergie loves the snow - if and when we ever get any. She runs through and scoops mouthsful. She also loves it when we sled down the side street. She runs along beside the plastic roll-up (hey, not worth the space to keep a sled down here) and then licks the begezus out of our faces when we stop.

Somebody say snow?

All mine love it!

TBolt dances around on his hind legs and bites the snowflakes out of the sky.

All I have to say is, "do the snow dance" and he acts like its snowing and do his little dance number.

The girls love to just plow it and find toys that I hide.

girlsinsnow.jpg

tboltlightfootsnow.jpg

headshot.jpg

Yeah Black Jack LOVES it! He can't wait to eat it, roll in it, and play in it when ever it snows.

We got another 4 inches today and I couldn't get him back in to get warm. He would have staied out there all day if I would have let him. He loves to jump in a drift, sit down and chew on his toy or what ever he has in his mouth. He love to streach out and get snow on his tummy

forgot the pic :rolleyes:

Here's Black Jack playing in the snow today.

IMGP0189.jpg

Muggs, ain't it the truth that we haven't had a decent snow since the BIG ONE several years ago. My second son has a December birthday and he got a Snowjack which is a scooter on a ski. That was probably 3 or 4 years ago and he has never gotten to use it. But if we do get some snow and have to miss school, most of our snow makeup days start coming out of Spring Break and I don't want that!

My son would like to go up to the mountains and ski but the slopes look terrible when he has a free day to go.

Yes, Kessie loves the snow (understatement of the year!!).

DSCF1219kl.jpg

DSCF1281kl.jpg

DSCF1312kl.jpg

Kyla has started to like it a lot, but there isn't enough snow available to make her get completely used to it.

The last time she found herself in deep snow, she didn't worry about what had happened to her lower half anymore, but she wasn't too sure about all this wading business either :rolleyes:

DSCF1676kl.jpg

(don't worry about her tail, it was just bent sideways at that moment!)

Jack & Co. -

I like a good 6 inches every now and then on a Thursday night please, gone by Monday morning. Maybe we'll get lucky and get one before this winter is gone, but I kind of doubt it since most days I'm pulling out warm-weather clothing.

Kessie is the perfect snow poster dog!

Hey RDM, it looks like you have Black Jack's favorite frisbee. I got him the Kong frisbee and he loves it. He brings it back to me just like in the middle picture :D

It's great because he can chew on it and play with it too. It flys great also :rolleyes: That's funny :D:D

I'm not sure my dogs like the snow...Granted my thermometer just rang in at a whopping -30, that's right, *negative 30 degrees*! If it was a bit warmer, they might just like it!

Here is a photo of them running in the snow the other day - looks like they were havin' fun...It was about 20 degrees out then... 100_0410.jpg

Originally posted by Tassie:

Sandra, that first photo is amazing. Looks like Kessie is about to launch herself off a mountaintop!

Up north those might actually be considered mountains :rolleyes: ...but they're heaps of snow (huge heaps of snow) that had been scraped off a ski lift parking lot in March.

I miss those heaps. They were very handy for wearing out a BC! On days when I came home late, I'd just drive up there with Kessie and chase her around on the snow heaps, in the light from the night ski lift, and I had a tired, happy dog within half an hour...now it's just pitch dark and wet :mad: .

*negative 30 degrees*
C or F?

We had 32 below zero (F) here also. That's not all THAT bad for us... it starts getting to be a chore in the -40's, and in the -50's I tend to stay home. We had two days of 31 and 32 below, but in the next 24 hours it went up to 28 degrees above (a mere 60 degree swing in the thermometer in 24 hours). We were all running around in shirtsleeves. Now we're hovering WAY too close to the 30 mark... if it rains I'll have to apply for federal disaster relief becuase of what it'll do to my snow-laden yard. :rolleyes: We had three feet of snow in December, and it'll aaaaaaall turn to ice if it rains. Ugh. TOTALLY hate rain in the middle of winter.

Oh, but yes, to answer the original question... my BCs LOVE the snow! :D

AK Dog Doc, why don't you take your vacation now and fly down to North Carolina! It's going to be in the low 70's today, but it's going to be cold again on Wednesday, just in case you get homesick for cold weather. Don't forget to bring Miss Raven so she can see her mom and siblings! :rolleyes:

I can chime in with negative 1 this morning, Farenheit ... that's - 18 Celsius. And yesterday morning, wind chills of -10 F (-23 Celsius).

There's no more fun for Ouzo and I in the snow. This morning poor thing was doing the flamingo impersonation, lifting one frozen leg at a time! However, he's game every time for going out, despite the frozen tootsies!

P.S. Three days ago it was 65 F :rolleyes: