BC Boards

Kids sleeping with toys

Yes, madison keep all her toys (inc. bones & etc.) together In fact when she's sitting on the couch with us she'll bring one up, play with it for awhile, then go get another and lpay with it, then go get another... Then she changes spots and does it all over again :rolleyes:

They are just herding their toys around :D It's great having a dog that cleans up after herself!! Now if I could only teach my boyfriend to do the same...

Nes.

Loki is a piler. He'll grab everything that is not nailed down and make a heap in the centre of the room. Then he'll move it all to another room. Then he'll move it to his crate. Then it will all go back to the living room.

There are only 9 items in this evenings pile. All time Loki record is 34 items in a heap.

Ouzo goes to his toy basket and drops the toy in his mouth and grabs a new one. I read somewhere that some BC would actualy put ALL their toys in their box/basket at night, cleaning up after themselves.

Now, that would be a great trick to teach. We're working on it :rolleyes:

Tiga hates it when his toys are all in a pile. There's a spot that I pile them in when I clean and every time that I do it, within about 30 mins they are all taken from the spot and scattered throughout the room. Not much hearding instinct here I guess. :rolleyes:

Dylan will put all his toys away but I taught him - he didn't think of doing it for himself ! It is easy to teach if your dog will "get" something. The only problem is that Dylan putting his toys away takes far longer than if i did it myself as I have to tell him which one to get or else it is no fun. So it goes - " get your duck ", "get your eelephant", ad infinitum. It is cute though - people are always impressed :rolleyes: Especially friends with toddlers.

Jester will sometimes go and get all of his toys (and he has a lot) one by one, and take them into his bed with him. It's the cutest thing.

Last night I put Jes into the house for a few minutes so I could play one-on-one with the new little foster dog I just got (7 months old, red and white, adorabale) without Jes interfering. When I went back into the house, he had piled all of his toys just inside the door so that I couldn't even get in the door without stepping on them!! I laughed so hard.

DH and I bought a brand new oversized ottoman. We picked the fabric and had it custom made. This was the first time we had furniture that was passed down to us. This was ours. So we thought.... Zoey has decided it is the world's most expensive dog bed. She claimed it the first 5 minutes it was home by bringing all of her favorite toys, setting them on it, cuddling up and promptly falling asleep. Now when we tell her to go to her bed, she grabs her favorite toy of the moment (this changes frequently) hops on the ottoman instead of her bed and lies down. :rolleyes: