BC Boards

does you BC clean????

Birdie is always cleaning (licking) something, your face , hand, the stove ,refrig the door you name it. Is this normal?

DH hates it especially when she licks him. He calls her Lickity Split!! :rolleyes:

I lurk a lot here. You folks have great ideas and help. Thanks

My two BC's and the fosters I have had, all licked. Some more than others. Well, actually mine more than others. Holly gives them a run for the prize though. I have found that it almost is a comforting thing for them. It's like it is a loving gesture to us. They don't lick other stuff unless I have spilt something.

I had one dog we nicknamed "the licker" she must have been OCD or something. She knew it was wrong to keep licking our hands, but she could not stop. Apple bitter worked well. I just set it on the table and she wouldn't lick, but she sure wanted to. She licked the other dogs faces, she licked any visitors hands, she however, didn't lick herself. hmmmm. strange.

Daisy loves to lick faces, mostly the bf when he hasn't shaved in a few days....i guess the wiskers make it taste better? Or when he's had to wear his work gloves at work...maybe the leather/sweat taste...it's kinda gross, but she's a dog...

But, I know a puppy who will lick anything ... well, my mom dripped ham juice all over the oven, but it's a funny picture...

post-8266-1207016918_thumb.jpg

Ceana and Poke are lickers... but it may be just training. When they would chew on us they would get in trouble for teeth but not for "kisses." Come to think of it when they are not suppose to put teeth on something (anything) and we catch them they will imeadietly start licking as if saying "you were wrong I was only going to lick," I have always wondered if we brought the morning and night time kisses upon ourselves LOL. Ceana will lick your hand until she is satisfied before bed, as if you have done something to screw up your hand and now she has to fix your stupid human mistake. :rolleyes:

Watch out with the carpet... Ceana used to lick the carpet before she decided to take a chunk out of the carpet!

I am a bit watchful about that. When she first came to us, she would take any new treat or toy and rush to the corner behind my chair and attempt to dig through the carpet. Fortunately, I stopped the digging attempts before any damage was done. This carpet licking thing is done at random places in the middle of the room, so there's little chance of getting her teeth into it.

Is tail furniture dusting considered a form of cleaning?

Mine are more like decorators though, They love to put snot art all over my windows

Anytime it's lightning outside Black Jack has to lick my arm, hands, fingers, and really anything he can get his tongue on :rolleyes: It's more of a stress thing, but he'll even lick my hand just because too.

He likes to help sweep the floor. The only problem is that he uses his tail brush.

Snot art...ha!...yea we have that here. No licking though as I despise it - licking is only allowed on the cue "kisses" and its a barely noticeable brush of Maggie's tongue across my chin at that. :rolleyes:

Tempe is not much of a constant licker. She does more in the way of muggings. She runs up slathers all over you and leaves - you don't usually have a chance to stop it before it happens.

My acd is a licker - loves to lick carpets and such and always has. We asked the vets years ago about it and they said all they can think of is that it must feel good on the tongue. She prefers fabrics and such like carpet.

My toy poodle licks my husband and guests in an OCD way. He does not do it to me though.

My borderjack is not much of a licker.

So bascially it is not a border collie thing - just a weird dog thing.

So bascially it is not a border collie thing - just a weird dog thing.

Yup, that's about right :rolleyes: