BC Boards

You know you're a BC addict when...

I realized I am a certified BC addict when I just got a new SUV over the holidays and the very first thing I did was put a Border Collie sticker on the side window! My DH thinks I'm nuts to "ruin" the new BMW. I think it just makes it look better!

And I have a pretty Border Collie fabric makeup bag. And a cute Border Collie sweatshirt hoodie. Oh, let's not forget about that nice Border Collie t-shirt too.

Well, what ways do you "advertise" your love---your addiction-- to BCs?

:rolleyes:

On my car, I have a "I Love My Border Collie" magnet (a big one, that also shows a photograph of a BC). On my truck, I have my ABCA decal in the rear window, and a large magnet with the head of a BC on it on the tailgate. The wallpaper on my computer at work is a photograph of Annie and Missy (the same one that I use for my avatar), and my screen saver is a collage of photographs of Annie; I also have a BC calendar hanging in my office, and a variety of BC knick-knacks around the office. I wear Border Collie sweatshirts and t-shirts (outside of the office, of course), and also have a Border Collie jacket. I think that people may get the idea that I own a Border Collie.

Wellll. . . in my office I have BC note pads and screensaver as well as these:

post-4507-1201292999_thumb.jpg

post-4507-1201293009_thumb.jpg

post-4507-1201293021_thumb.jpg

post-4507-1201293032_thumb.jpg

post-4507-1201293042_thumb.jpg

post-4507-1201293054_thumb.jpg

At home I have two beautiful BC afghans that DH bought me; a purse, coin purse and wallet with BC's on them from Ebay; a cute little ceramic figurine that my grandkids gave me for Christmas this year; another wall calendar in my home office; two BC collectors plates and that's it for now.

Yes, I'm addicted too :rolleyes:

Mostly, I wear their hair on my clothes wherever I go. At work my screensaver is pictures of the pups. I have a framed one on my desk as well.

Probably the biggest testiment though is simply that I have 3 of them in an itty bitty house.

We each have a vanity plate with our top agility BC's name and a bc related license plate holder on our cars. We also have a mailbox with red and white and black and white BCs painted on it. I have a thermo lunch bag with a split face BC on it. We both have BC t-shirts and sweat shirts. We just found 4 BC valentines at a local store and bought all of them. I have a BC calendar at work and several more at home. Just getting warmed up, but you get the picture!

Barb S

oh boy... lol let see, I have:

-a Border collie Cardigan I wear everywhere

-a Border Collie calender in my room, the pictures from all my past BC calenders pined up all over my room.

- I have 2 walls to display my drawings, 1 for random, the other for Border collies.

-I have a Border collie Clock

-I have BC salt and pepper shakers

-I have a BC cutting board

-I have a BC suger and creamers, a tea pot, a jug and Coasters and a mug

-I have BC napkin rings

-I have a life size BC stuffy in my room

-I have wood carvings of each of my BCs

-I have a framed portrait in my living room of each of my BCs

-when we did water colours is art class I painted 2 BCs herding a large flock of sheep into the sunset

I am sure here is more I am not thinking of off the top of my head lol

When I bought my surburban the first thing I did was put my WBCR sticker, and my "Proud owner of a rescued Border Collie" sticker on it. My bedroom is pretty much all BC. I have a book case top with a BC clock with a tail that moves side to side, a BC frame, a BC figure, a picture of me, Black Jack, and Jack Knox (that's signed!), a BC calendar, some pictures of black jack, a BC leash hook, and other BC prints. Then I have a WBCR t-shirt, a Dogs Rule t-shirt and I always wear my WBCR hoodie no matter where I go. If I see a Border Collie on something I'll buy it! :rolleyes:

Where do you find all of these things I know there are some great websites but they tend to be in the USA or the UK .I look and apart from calendars/diaries there doesnt seem to be much around.(I am in Australia)Iwent to a friends house lately who is a severe BC addict and if it wasnt BC it was sheep orientated you name it ,windchimes ,salt and pepper shakers figuirines, paintings,plates ,cushion covers, drink coasters , everything. She has moved here from England though.It was pretty facinating !

Let's see - I don't have too much.

1. black and white BC cookie jar (looks like a sitting BC with a red handkerchief around the neck)

2. round cookie jar with a BC face on it

3. BC clock with a wagging tail

4. BC mousepad

5. the "My BC is smarter than your honor student." bumper sticker (not actually on my car)

6. pictures of my dogs everywhere

7. return address labels with our little caricatures on them (hubby, myself and the 5 dogs)

8. BC books and magazines

9. BC coffee mug

10. BC notecards

Where do you find all of these things I know there are some great websites but they tend to be in the USA or the UK .I look and apart from calendars/diaries there doesnt seem to be much around.(I am in Australia)Iwent to a friends house lately who is a severe BC addict and if it wasnt BC it was sheep orientated you name it ,windchimes ,salt and pepper shakers figuirines, paintings,plates ,cushion covers, drink coasters , everything. She has moved here from England though.It was pretty facinating !

Ebay is always a great place to look.

I have, car sticker jewlery box and bell with message" the one who listens when i talk, the one who cheers my lonely walk" next to pic of bc, a bc welcome sign, screensaver, and pictures EVERYWHERE!

This is cute :rolleyes: .

I'd feel uncomfortable advertising any breed since I'm still a shelter mutt person at heart...but otherwise, yes, I'd totally do that (judging by the amount of Oasis t-shirts etc I've accumulated)!

We do have a poster for a BC rescue (where Kyla came from) in the window of my mum's office, and flyers for the customers to take home. There's also a sticker from the same BC rescue knocking about somewhere. After reading this, I think I should put that on my car!

I have pictures of Joy and her 'boyfriend' Jack glued all over my notebooks, folders, assignement notebook, in my locker...etc.

I ever so graciously stuck an 'I Love My Border Collie' sign in the back of dads durango, then he yelled at me cause he doesn't want to be one of "THOSE" dog people

border collie stuffed animals

border collie christmas ornaments

personalized border collie christmas ornaments

border collie stuffed animals which Joy annihilated

throw blanket w/ joy's picture

calendar, personalized with 16 pics of Joy

10 framed pictures of Joy at dads house, all agility and frisbee shots

a few cutesy type pics of Joy at moms house

border collie name plate on Joys crate

border collie figurines

border collie paper

not to mention border collie HAIR! that is wonderfully portable!

I have a license plate holder on my car (from Cafepress.com) that has pictures of border collies all around the frame and says Bordercolliemobile.

:rolleyes:

I don't have a lot of BC stuff, I can't seem to find shirts, etc. with a BC, that I like well enough as my own Misty. Although, I did do my own calendar on Cafepress.com of just Misty. So, I think what I'm going to do is, pick out some pics of her and make my own t-shirts with her on them. I would love to do the car magnet, but w/ Misty's face. lol

I don't have much Border Collie memorabilia. For me its the hair suits, hair pants, hair shirts, hair coats, hair socks, hair car seats, hair dash, and hair in my food.

As much hair that Ruger sheds, I will give away my wifes two cats to the first taker. I will even include a $100 electric cat box. And my first born son.

On my car I have a border collie euro decal, a border collie license plate frame and a "Disc Dog on Board" bumper sticker. My DH has the same euro decal and "The more people I meet, the more I like my border collie" bumper sticker. He really wanted "My border collie is smarter than your honor student" but considering he is a high school teacher he thought that might be a little inappropiate :rolleyes:

I have a few sweatshirts and t-shirts. I also have a few t-shirts, sweatshirts and a jacket from my disc dog club.

I really dont have much of anything store bought to display my love of my BC. I have my office littered with pictures of my current and late BC and my background on my computer at home and work is a pic of Koda.

I just take my pup everywhere I can and make special trips just to do so - like our at least weekly trip to get a treat at the pet store. I get a little confused when people always ask me what I did over the weekend at work or whatever. I say, "I did some training in Iaido and Jujutusu during the mornings and spent the rest of the day with my dog." It never changes so Im not sure why they continue to ask :rolleyes: Maybe there is an office poll going on that I dont know about waiting for me to say something different.....not gonna happen. :D

Ok I finally found time to take a few pictures of my BC stuff :rolleyes:

Here's my night stand

puppies-04-1.jpg

My book case

puppies-06.jpg

and Black Jack's eating place

puppies-09.jpg

and my mat that's in my door way

puppies-05.jpg