BC Boards

Weigh-In

Well the pups got weighed yesterday. They are now both about 10 mos old. This is how it turned out.

Popcorn(DOB 1-13-06)- 37lbs

Pepper(DOB 1-28-06)-40lbs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good sized :rolleyes:

Do you know how were big they were at 6 months?

I'm pretty sure that it was around 20lbs. Poppy has always been hefty...lol. You know it's funny as they told me that his parents were only 35lbs and he wouldn't go over that. :rolleyes:

oh my! 20lbs at 6 months :rolleyes: if we are going on the theroy of what a dogs weighs at 6 months will be aobut half of his/her full grown weight.. sounds about right

And I think that's what Alicia was talking about?

and I am looking at about a 60 pound dog my self!!! so much for being the "runt" of the litter

shelb'smum wrote:

oh my! 20lbs at 6 months [big Grin]if we are going on the theroy of what a dogs weighs at 6 months will be aobut half of his/her full grown weight.. sounds about right
This can't be right... :confused: please tell me this isn't right...

Zeb is about 18.5 lbs at 15 weeks. I don't want him to get too big. :rolleyes:

How much more growing is he likely to do in two months? Its been a long time since I've had a puppy. I just can't remember how fast they grow.

I kept looking through the vet papers for Ouzo, but none of them has the weight recorded, although I know they were monitoring at each visit. I remember that at 8-9 weeks he was about 8 lb, he quickly got bigger and bigger and (according to an emergency vet receipt (!), at 7.5 months he reached 42 lb, only to drop a few at 8-9 months (the other emergency vet adventure), and now, at 13 months, he's about 43-45 lb. At our first vet visit they told us he could reach up to 60. I truly doubt it, unless he becomes totaly sedentary and simply gets overweight.

He's larger than all the BC's we've encountered around here, he's 23 inches high. He's anything but fat, he's just a big boy, who doesn't even like food that much.

Genie, What's wrong if Zeb gets bigger, as long as he's lean and fit?

Edited to add: I found on an earlier thread where I wrote that at 7.5 months he was 20 inches high and 44 lb. Guess he's just being growing 3 inches taller in the last 6 months and maintaining the same weight :rolleyes:

Genie, What's wrong if Zeb gets bigger, as long as he's lean and fit?
When I got him, I knew he would be bigger than my last BC (30lbs), so I'm fine with a larger one. I just prefer a smaller BC. Although, I really don't want him to go over 50 because there is a weight limit where I live, but they don't enforce it.

Lance turned 15 weeks yesterday and when he was weighed today he was 13.5lbs. He doesn't seem to be very interested in eating most of the time though. He's in perfect shape for a puppy. Not too skinny and not chubby at all. I think he's going to be a fairly tall, fit, BC when he's full grown.

Originally posted by lance:

I misunderstood the topic! Thought you wanted all members to post how much we weighed after Thanksgiving dinner!

LOL - No Way! I'll share my dog's weight anyday, but never mine! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Dazzle is gettin' on close to 2 years - and is 30-32 pounds. She looks pretty shrimpy next to other BCs even though she is pretty average.

At 6 months Daz may have been somewhere around....20 - I think.

Maddie at 6 months was 29lbs. I got Dal at 7 month he was 39 He eventually went up to 43 or 45 and Now is down about around 39 to 40. I haven't weighed Maddie lately but, if I were to guess at 8 months she weighs 35? Moms little girl Immogene weighs 24lb Most of the older dogs are around 40ish give or take.

I had heard that 6month weight is half of what they'll be full grown Just wondering what they were for that reason. Dally is small, 6months-24.6 lbs last week. But it seems like this is normal, hmm maybe sh ejust looks little lol

I'm just tired of people asking if she's a Jck Russel because of her markings. When I got her she was tiny, 17 lbs at 4 months, took her to PetSmart and my god I ha at least 5 people ask if she was a Rat Terrier and deny me when I said she was Purbred Border Collie

Does this look like a Rat terrier to you?

When I got her

Pic806105.jpg

Pic806107.jpg

at about 5 months

Pic806132.jpg

Pic806123.jpg

and now, she looks alot bigger in this pic but she really isnt, it's just closer

Pic806158.jpg

Ok, I don't think the 6 mos is 1/2 their size is acurate. I posted the following in a thread earlier this year:

Originally posted by RaisingRiver:

At 6 months, River weighs 28lbs and is about 18.5" tall.

River is just over 1 yr old and weighs about 32lbs and is about 19.5" tall. I don't expect her size to change much at this point and certainly not to 56lbs!

I also posted earlier that at 7.5 months she was the exact height and weight she is now.

Here's the thread I posted in that has many of our dog's puppy weights & sizes: http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultima...t=009930#000000

I had heard that 6month weight is half of what they'll be full grown Just wondering what they were for that reason. Dally is small, 6months-24.6 lbs last week. But it seems like this is normal, hmm maybe sh ejust looks little lol
I dont think she's that small Alicia. Maybe she just looks small cause she has short hair? if the 6 month weight was half then she'd be 49.2lbs! which is pretty big for a female border.

Also, if they knew what a jack russel looks like, they wouldn't ask you that lol.

To support what RaisingRiver's experience at 7.5 months, I had added last night another paragraph about my dog's weight and hight at 7.5 months of age. It appears that's when he reached full weight, then continued to grow in height.

Originally posted by Anda:

Edited to add: I found on an earlier thread where I wrote that at 7.5 months he was 20 inches high and 44 lb. Guess he's just being growing 3 inches taller in the last 6 months and maintaining the same weight :rolleyes:

And from the thread that RaisingRiver mentioned,

At 6 months, Ouzo is just shy of 20 inches. Three weeks ago, at the vet, he was 32 lbs. Now he's somewhere at 36-38 lb.

Big boy. He's not fat at all, check his "wet" pictures, he looks like a wet cat

And next day:

Today Ouzo went to the vet because of another case of giardia (!) picked up from a lake.

He is 40.6 lb at 6 months. It's official. He's going to become a giant!

And no, he didn't double his weight from 40 to 80 in the 7 months that followed