BC Boards

Anyone elses dog do this?

Riven is driving me insane. I fix the couch every morning and straighten the little pillows that go by the arm rest. She gets on the couch, and I've never seen her do it, but somehow she manages to knock them off repeatedly all day. She's driving me insane. Any of your dogs go behind you and undo what you've done every day?

Rudi likes to dig at the bed comforter until she has it and the sheets all balled up in the middle of the bed. That is of course after she's knocked all the pillows to the floor.

Lili bulldozes her way across the couch and pillows are flying left and right.

It must be a Border Collie thing!

Any of your dogs go behind you and undo what you've done every day?

Very, very quietly...Kyla's noisier toys tend to disappear in Kessie's nest (where Kyla is not supposed to go and knows it). I take them back out (because Kessie will lie down on them when she goes in there at night, and who needs a squeaky going off at three a.m.? :rolleyes: ).

Kyla plays with them, Kessie ignores her. Doesn't even look at the toys. No interest at all. But when she's been alone in the room for a while, sometimes there's a squeaky poking out of her blankets afterwards. And sometimes Kyla is standing near it, staring longingly with a long neck. :D

I don't know if she's

a. carefully trying to remind me that I bought it for HER

b. trying to stop the squeaking noise

or c. just having a laugh at Kyla's expense.

What I do know is, it cracks me up :D.

Ceana "digs" in the bed and bunches the sheet up as well! As far as she is concerned pillows are poorly designed stuff animals so they are up for play if necissary. She does have a princess complex and has to lay on a pillow if there is one in the room. She just learned how to step on the paddle that lifts the trash can's lid this week so we came home to a great surprise on sunday :rolleyes:

kingsley likes to frap... and when he does that.. one of the frapping place is the couch.. and he will run, crash onto the crouch and kick all the cushions of it.

:rolleyes:

it's really funny to watch.. but i'm the one who has to pick it all up again..

if only i can train him to re-arrange the cushions..

aren't they supposed to be the most intelligent breed?

if only i can train him to re-arrange the cushions..

aren't they supposed to be the most intelligent breed?

Now THAT I wanna see! I think they should be able to pick up their messes! I mean Dazzle puts her toys away! Riven just plops them next to the box. Then if I put them away within 30 minutes there are at least 5 more out (again) and more pillows on the floor LOL

you think THATS bad? my dogs actually take the seat cushions(like that parts that tucks in that you actually SIT on) off the base of the couch and chairs all day..ya the springs under that part? not so cozy to people....apperntly much cozier then the cushion to the dogs :rolleyes: they make a big point of it too, I fix the couch and chairs, and they jump on, dig their paws behind it and pull while kicking up their rear legs so that their own weight isnt holding in down... lol

Rose takes them off the couch so she has something to lie on in the floor.

LOL see thats intelligence. I think Riven throws them off so she can lay on "her" favorite pillow that is also on the couch. My hubby keeps complaining "his" pillow smells like dog. LOL :rolleyes:

LOL! Bailey and Ginger will knock all the pillows off the couch! Even the two big back cushions. I used to wake up every morning to all the pillows on the floor. Now they don't do it because I keep the scatmat on the couch so the cat doesn't go on it.

I'm not sure they ever grow out of a chewing stage, ILUVLUCY. My Rudi who will be 11 next month still chews blankets into ponchos! We have several blankets with perfectly round holes in the middle! And we don't own a set of sheets that doesn't have a chewed hole or two let along the band at the top - she loves to chew those completely off the sheet. This is all after we lost 4 throw pillows! She may be in her golden years but she's still a puppy at heart!

Ingrid removes couch cushions. We have a couch cover (because we have oodles of dog hair) and she actually pushes the seat cushions forward so that they are standing up on the floor but still under the cover, and then she plays with her toys on the couch where the cushions used to be. She builds a fort, basically. She also (and I know it's very trashy of me to let her climb the furniture like a mountain goat) has learned to stand on the arm of the couch and dive bomb her little aussie brother.

She also (and I know it's very trashy of me to let her climb the furniture like a mountain goat) has learned to stand on the arm of the couch and dive bomb her little aussie brother.

Well, Riven does something similar so I guess we're both trashy lol. My couch is against a wall and at the end of the couch is a window in the front of the house. So she can sit on the couch and watch outside. What she does though, is lays on the couch with just her eyes up over the arm rest so people generally cant see her from outside. Then when they get close she jumps up and BARKS! I've seen people fall off the curb, jump, stop and grab their chest lol. Its funny, although I dont think I would appreciate it if the role was reversed lol.

I know what you mean- we have a chair by the window which Ingrid has designated her "patrol chair" The chair points away from a window in our living room, and she sits with her chin on the back of the chair waiting for someone on the sidewalk to get too close to our yard and she gives them a WOOF! She has a very big bark for a dog her size. Mostly she looks and acts like a BC, but I think she inherited that giant woof from her newfoundland sire.

Lili won't walk on the wood floors we had installed 6 years ago so when she sees an unfamiliar car or someone walking on the side walk she starts "spinning" and growling on the area rug to get Rudi's attention so Rudi can come out from wherever she is and run to the window (on the hardwood floor) and start barking!

We've had to patchwork quilt our floors with a large area rug and some small ones to lead a path to the bedroom for Lili! She likes to move too quickly and can't get her traction - it's like a Fred Flintstone driving episode!

But she's a good watchdog just won't follow through though but has her sister for backup!

Cody isn't allowed on the furniture but he does constantly push back the corners of the area rugs so there are lots of bumps and high places in the rugs. One day one of us is going to trip and fall badly! No matter what we do to anchor the rugs, especially the corners, he finds a way to "dig it up".

Haha yep Holly does it too. :rolleyes:

She doesn't have any particular bed, she will dig the pillows off on my bed or the spare ones. In fact we have just been away in the caravan and she does it in their too. She also digs and pushes the quilt off or heaps that up also.

When we go to my mums she usually heads for her bed to uproot hers too. lol

Must be a BC thing!! can be quite funny sometimes though as she gets in the most funny positions then to have a little snooze. Although i do get fed up re making them!!! :D