BC Boards

Appreciation Thread

I don't wanna sound incredibly sappy here, but . . .

I've been on these boards for 2 years now and I've recieved so much help from BCB members, many of whom I have tons of respect for. Who knows how Odin would have turned out without you guys to guide me? By teaching me so many thing, you've made one Border Collie's life wonderful . . . Seriously, every person who helped me learn something new about raising a BC deserves credit for the wonderful dog he is today.

And even now, with Flora, even though she isn't even a BC! Everyone has been so helpful yet again, as always. The first night she was here, when I was so sleep deprived I couldn't think, and I was questioning myself - I knew instinctively where to go!

You don't have to help people. But you do. And I know it must be so frustrating! So many times I've seen people spit in the faces of wonderful, caring people, when what they should be doing is soaking up all the good advice they can get and being grateful for recieving it.

So yea, this is a thread of appreciation for people like RDM, who always tells it like it is and always has the best interest of the dogs at heart.

I invite anyone who's recieved help from a BCB member to come here and let these great people know that their dedication is not all in vain :rolleyes:

Yeah I want to thank everyone too!! There's times that I don't know what I would have done without everyone's help. Who knows, Black Jack could be a little devil dog if it wasn't for you guy's help :rolleyes:

So yea, this is a thread of appreciation for people like RDM, who always tells it like it is and always has the best interest of the dogs at heart.

Oh don't single me out! I will be accused of holding court with a subset of the boards, whatever that means.

I appreciate all the good discussions, advice and humour of these boards. I am especially grateful to 2Halves for making me laugh pretty much constantly, to Julie - even though she won't give me Twist - for her good sense and advice, to AK Dog Doc for the incredibly intelligent verbiage and level headedness, and Bill for being a straight shooter. And to Eileen for making it all possible and keeping it all on track. I aspire to be as wise, but too lazy to achieve such a lofty goal.

To the other rescuers, so I don't feel like I'm doing this alone. And always grateful to members who adopt TDBCR dogs and keep posting photos of them :rolleyes:

RDM

here here as well while we had a few borders we never had a rescue dog. SHe ahs been challenging but Ellie is finally coming around. Rightnow she is lying under my desk and 5 weeks ago she would not even come out of the dog carrier. She is still a bit schizzy particularly when a hand or leg gets up.I am sure the dirty YRB kicked and smacked her more than once. Now? Everyday she gets more like a real dog. She can play a bit but doesn't understand "play" as yet though every no and then the cat gives her a smack asif to say hey snap out of it bubba we have a good deal here....

So to all who wroteunder "rescued BC", that'd be you AJ my thanks as well. Bc's are the best and for those that never had 'em a real awakening SO HERES TO ALL WHO FREELY HELP

Love Ellie

I am going to try to post a before and current of the Red Dog Ellie.

well here are the before and afters

5 weeks later she has gone from more paranoid than Nixon to what appears to be slightly bored. The creek is stilll pretty col dbut as long as she wants to go ama ready.

post-7306-1181509683_thumb.jpg

post-7306-1181509798_thumb.jpg

post-7306-1181509817_thumb.jpg

oh yeah one more thing it only takes one or 2 stanzas from Danny Boy changed to Ellie girlto start the eyes droopin.......

be real good if I could sing and I am SO glad she is no critic!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

No, but you can post a link to movies that are posted elsewhere, e.g. YouTube.

Ellie has lost that wary look she has in the first pic. That's good to see.

And I'd like to add my thanks to all the contributors who patiently answer questions and offer help to make the Boards go.

And I'd like to add my thanks to all the contributors who patiently answer questions and offer help to make the Boards go.

Yeah, and even the ones who (sometimes) give impatient but good answers nonetheless :rolleyes:

I mean that. I can handle a little crankiness at times from people who have a lot of experience to offer, as long as the information is in there somewhere. Over time, I find I've even developed a bit of a soft spot for longtime posters who say "Grrrr. How many times do I have to say this?" and then go on to provide yet another detailed answer nonetheless. How selfless is that?

Wow Ellie has really changed!! She is looking more like a happy dog now.

I think everyone deserves a little appretiation on this board because too many a time on other boards people flame others or complain about whatever. On here, everyone tries to help one another. It's a nice and friendly place to come to. Everyone genuinly cares about one another and their dogs and wish them all the best. Giving advice to those who really need it and being so thoughful is what brings us back. In a way we are all friends on here. I am thankful that there are people on this board who are the nicest people you could ever interact with. I thank you all for being so open and welcome to newcomers as well. You need that kind of open arms.

I want to chime in my thanks too. Also just for the welcoming attitude here. As someone who works home office, I can get lonely once ina while, but the people here make me feel like I am welcome and belong.

Also thanks for all the wise experience, compassion, and stubborn best-for-the-dog attitude that I see in so many of the posts here.

Sincerely,

Rebecca

I want to thank everyone as well. While I've had my bc for nearly 5 years now I've only just learned how incredibly special her breed is and that is due entirely to this board and all of the people that share their experiences and questions. You can read as many books as are published, but it is an entirely different matter to hear first hand accounts and discussions. The knowledge, devotion, humor and support from everyone is overwhelming. It's one of the reasons why I make this one of my daily morning visits before I go to work :rolleyes: .

Thanks again to everyone who selflessly shares their knowledge. I know it's made a difference in me and my bc's relationship and I'm sure it has for others as well.

I consider myself to be a good Border Collie owner. Before Annie, I had never owned a BC, and (I am embarrassed to admit) did almost no research before I decided to get one. The fact that I have evolved to what I am today is in large part due to the information and guidance I have received on this board. The information I have recieved has also helped me through some rough spots, as well as the support and friendship I received when it was needed. Thanks to all the knowledgeable and sophsiticated BC experts who have helped along this path; Annie thanks you too.

great thread! i would like to thank all in bc boards for their most helpful advice - to those who took time to share about their personal experience and to those who took time to share a very very detailed long responses to my cluelessness

[edit] and to those who continually post photos of their dogs...a most fascinating mood lifter

Yes, thank you for keeping this what it is: a friendly place without bullying, but also without over-policing. That is quite a feat, I believe.

Even though I come here mostly looking for the company of other BC nuts, I've also learned a lot, and I wish I had more to offer in return than pictures and friendly thoughts (and support for the cause of the boards, but folks like me do not make good ambassadors, I'm afraid!).

Kessie is easy to live with, I could easily muddle through on my own - and I probably would, if asking arrogant know-it-alls was the alternative - but it's good to know that there are friendly people around who you can ask for help if something should come up.

So keep up the good work, even if some folks have lately reacted strangely to being given well-meant, good advice.

You can read as many books as are published, but it is an entirely different matter to hear first hand accounts and discussions. The knowledge, devotion, humor and support from everyone is overwhelming.

I said something like this in a thread just the other day, it's so true!

Sharkie - I agree about the pictures thing. Whenever I need a pick me up, I always go to the BC Gallery.

Another thing I love about this board is that you kinda feel like you get to know the dogs as well. It's especially great seeing them grow up via pics the owner posts :rolleyes: You see the goofy things they do, the new tricks they've learned . . . it's nice :D

I too would like to thank everyone at this board. This has been the most wonderful and rewarding experience. I came to the board frantic when Lili was first diagnosed with GME and AK Dog Doc was the first to take the time to explain things and give me guidance. We have wonderful doctors here treating Lili - and she is responding so well not that we are at 6 week intervals with her shots - but the whole thing was just overwhelming and when I couldn't sleep it was to the computer I went.

Thanks for all the comforting words and encouragement. And I too go to the gallery for a pick-me-up!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I appreciate all the good discussions, advice and humour of these boards. I am especially grateful to 2Halves for making me laugh pretty much constantly, to Julie - even though she won't give me Twist - for her good sense and advice,

Gee, thanks! Glad I can be of some assistance. :rolleyes:

And while Kate is no Twist and I'm fairly sure she wouldn't give a rat hind parts about sheep, she is female...and smooth coated...and prick eared. There is the matter of her sidekick, but I'm sure Woo would have more fun with him then a soccer ball. :D

I really think that Hoku would be a very different dog if I had not been able to come here with questions and get great advise for the issues we have dealt with. Thanks to all who give so freely of their experience and their pictures!