BC Boards

It's a puppy.

Oh my! I missed the link before. Puppy cuteness overload!

You know, my Jack has issues, and I was very worried about bringing a puppy into our house. Granted, Alex wasn't as little as Bean, but it's worked out wonderfully. We took the introducations very, very slowly. Now the boys are best buddies. The big dogs just had to remember not to squeak the puppy. :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHe hasn't been wormed yet. That'll happen on Wednesday. I'm sure she's awfully wormy.

I'll get more pics when I get home - right now I'm in my History class and I'm -supposed- to be paying attention. Whoopsie!

And Recon hated the puppy for the first two days. She's learning to tolerate her. Yay.

That video was so mean. Holy crap. What a little monster. Solo would HATE her. I love the way Recon just sits there and tries to pretend it isn't happening.

Fly would LOVE her. That's exactly how Skeeter plays and she played with Skeeter all the time.

Come to think of it, Skeeter and Solo did almost play a few times. Skeeter would invite Solo to play, and Solo would accept, and then Skeeter would run and hide behind me going, "Oh my God, why did I do that?" If Skeeter hadn't gotten intimidated they probably would have played.

Who knows, maybe a puppy would help Solo loosen up a little.

Well, if she honestly has nowhere else to go, give me a -- wait a minute, what am I saying? Ignore me.

Bean says she wants to go home with Melanie and teach Solo how to play.

Bean says she's made Recon loosen up a -lot- (well, so, Recon will put a paw over her head to hold her still now, but that's a HUGE difference from day 1 when she'd run in terror from the evil beast).

Bean says she's almost-but-not-quite-but-getting-much-better crate trained.

Bean also says that she's a sweet little cuddler and would make you smile...

Her puppy breath is so sweet. And her cute fuzzy hair is just so soft.... and did I mention her seriously sassy attitude?

and c'mon...how cool does this sound: "Melanie, Solo the Red, Superfly, and the BEAN" (of course, I still think Four Woofs and a Woo would sound neat, too) :rolleyes:

oh yes.

Bean totally fits her! In that video she is hopping around like a little Mexican Jumping Bean :D

She looks like a little spitfire.....I think she has Melanie written all over her....

AND if it does not work out, then RDM can have her and send me Woo.....see it is all a part of my evil plan :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, Skeeter and Solo did almost play a few times. Skeeter would invite Solo to play, and Solo would accept, and then Skeeter would run and hide behind me going, "Oh my God, why did I do that?" If Skeeter hadn't gotten intimidated they probably would have played.

Who knows, maybe a puppy would help Solo loosen up a little.

I'll bet she would. :D I never thought I'd see Violet play with another dog. She wouldn't at her last home, where she lived with two ACD's about her age, and at my house she was terrified of my Lhasa and obsessed with "working" my feist.

Then we got Faith. :rolleyes:

It took a few weeks and lots of bared teeth, but Faith has Violet playing like she's in her second puppyhood. Even if I didn't love the little pest, I'd be happy I kept Faith just because it's so wonderful watching Violet enjoy herself like a normal dog. I can sit and watch them for hours. :D

OMG, that video is so cute! Melanie how can you possible resist? Fly would be in heaven and Solo might even learn to have some doggy fun. I say go for it (but then we all know how I am about impulse control when it comes to getting dogs, or any other critter for that matter....).

I think if you're thinking this hard about it, the decision has already been made and you just need to make transport arrangements. :rolleyes: And if you just can't possibly work it out, RDM has sunk herself by noting that Red Dog has survived several pups and could certainly survive one more.

J.

Hey,

Weeeeellll if Melanie doesn't take "bean" then I have someone who might like to maybe here in Oregon :rolleyes:

But if Melanie takes her, how am I supposed to have her? Aerie, can you please clone her?

Damn cute puppy. Melanie, I missed what happened to Skeeter - did she go the way of The Toaster? (RDM not cut out for having small breed dogs).

RDM

Alright, folk.

Which one of you lovely people wants Bean AKA Eilidh AKA The Beast AKA "GET OUT OF THAT!"?

I would post more pictures, but this is mid-terms week and I've had to save my study sheets from Puppy several times and hide. Luckily my roommate is cool with puppysitting.

So, yes, off to more studying.

But - the woman who wanted Bean called today and told me she can't take her. So, yes, I'm in countdown mode. (No one panic, I'm not dumping the little devil on the side of the road, I'll continue to cuddle her and not fall in love for as long as it takes for a decision to be made.)

Melanie - you want the puppy. *nod* You do. I totally bet we can figure out a halfway-across-the-US transport.

Yep.

I have nothing to add to the extortion, pandering and carrying-on that is going on in this thread except to say that you are all making me laugh :rolleyes: Funny, funny stuff guys....And it's so cool that all of you care so much about little Bean.

What a sweet, sweet pup--it's so wonderful for you to be taking such good care of her. She's GORGEOUS!

Charlene

I should decline. If RDM is serious about taking her -- take her. As much as I want a puppy, I'm not really in the position for one right now and I have decided to stick to my guns because I really, really don't want to end up with more than three dogs down the road (famous last words, I know). I will probably live to regret this, but please someone else take her.

I will take her if there is literally nowhere else for her to go but she is young, cute and fuzzy so the odds of that are pretty low, I think.

RDM, I don't have Skeeter anymore because as time went on it became clear that he was not happy playing second fiddle to two Border Collies, and in particular because he was never going to usurp Solo for Most Favored Dog status. Skeeter would have LOVED living the life that Harley, my late Pomeranian, did -- she went literally everywhere with me and was the center of my universe. He wanted to be number one with his person and ideally to not share that person with any other dog. Skeeter became increasingly agitated and stressed, and would attack Solo for small reasons. His resource guarding escalated and he would even attempt to guard me from Solo. Now, these are all things a person can work, train, and manage around and that's what I intended to do, but I began wondering if Skeeter might not be happier somewhere else. While I was wondering this I heard, through an agility friend, of a woman looking for a second Papillon for agility. After talking to the potential new home at length I let Skeeter go on a trial basis and the next thing I knew, the man of the household had decided that Skeeter was his special dog. Skeeter, who prefers men, is in heaven having his own person. He is not an only dog, but he is Robert's Number One dog, and runs errands with him, and goes to get coffee in the morning with him, and hangs out with him all day (Robert is retired) and enjoys the backyard pool anytime he wants. Skeeter's new owners LOVE him. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get Skeeter back if I tried.

I miss Skeeter, but I will admit that everyone is much less stressed out without him. The Border Collies relaxed noticeably once Skeeter left. Skeeter was a badly thought out addition -- a friend of mine asked me if I was interested in a small dog, and I said "why not" even though I knew I would probably be better off without another dog. So, I am gun shy and am especially concerned that the next dog work out as close to perfectly as possible, and permanently. I really, really really don't like rehoming dogs. In fact, it was only recently that I thought a person could do this and not be a total waste of space. Fly was meticulously thought out and couldn't have worked out better. So, even though I am incredibly drawn to the little Bean my gut tells me that this is not the right puppy for me.

Unless, of course, fate intervenes and there is literally nowhere else for her to go. So, RDM, you better promise to send lots of photos.

I really really have someone who would LOVE lil bean :rolleyes:

if anyone wants to transport!!

:D

Liz

ETA: OH and its not me!!! lol

Well if you're SURE Melanie, cuz I am willing to fly the little devil here, but not directly from the grasp of your almost-but-not-quite-touching her fingers while you cry "mine mine mine!" :rolleyes:

But photos, photos I can do :D

RDM

Well if you're SURE Melanie, cuz I am willing to fly the little devil here, but not directly from the grasp of your almost-but-not-quite-touching her fingers while you cry "mine mine mine!" :rolleyes:

But photos, photos I can do :D

Just do it before I change my mind. Please!

I was even thinking, I am going to be in Virginia at the end of the month and that's probably an easier transport from Mississippi, but no, no no.