BC Boards

It's a puppy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that both mama dog and daddy dog were border collies, so i'd say she's pure. But, they could be fibbing.

She's a smart little sucker. She's already learned to sit, and that's just in a few short sessions. She isn't 100% on it, of course, but she's definitely grasping the concept.

She doesn't weigh much....I could stick her in an envelope and put about 7 stamps on it.....? :rolleyes:

She's so cool. I haven't seen many BC's that have that color before. I would love to have her, I'll buy the stamps.

I miss those needle sharp teeth, ahhh puppies :rolleyes:

I can't stop looking at her picture. My next dog is going to be a puppy, that is for sure (I have never raised a puppy) but it never seems like the right time. Also I have this plan in my head that my puppy will be from known working parents and a breeding that I really want a puppy from, but still, I can't stop looking at this little worm. I especially like the expression in the second picture (heightened by the squinty eye, probably) that seems to say, "Make me."

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

She is very cute! If she's too annoying, you can send her here to hang out with 3 other pups!

In the first pic she looked younger but the side shot does show the muzzle elongation a lot better. If it helps, here are my three foster pups: http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=9299

They were ~5 weeks old in these photos. Their muzzles were really short and I've had them for 9 days now and they are already elongated a bit more now. I, like you, don't really know the story on these guys so I can only speculate based on looks that they are BCs.

My three surprisngly do not bite at me and they potty outside well. Of course, they can't hold it longer than 15 minutes but they will go as soon as I take them out everytime. They loooooove to tug and I'm going to start working on some basic obedience with them in the next couple of days. For now, they're just being puppies.

She is a little darling, that's for sure. She looks like she has the potential to be a real beauty. :rolleyes:

Sounds like if you don't keep her yourself, there are a few out there who would love such a sweetheart. (I also want a "red" dog, but I'm not wanting another puppy -- I want my next one "growed up" a bit, first. :D ) Thanks for rescuing this pup and good luck!

The little red splotchy puppy is currently sleeping - she's not feeling so hot. Lots of runny poo and she's thrown up once. I'm hoping it's just because of the super fast food switch; she went from crap (i'm sure) to Wellness.

As of right now, there's a woman in Picayune that wants her. However, I haven't heard from her in two days.

I can't do this for super long - I'm having to hide her from my landlady and living in a 2nd floor apartment building with super steep stairs is not really helpful when it comes to housetraining. Add to that the unsteady nature of her stomach at the moment and I'm seriously considering switching to paper training at least until her stomach is settled.

Anyone know if that will cause a huge setback in later house training? I've never paper trained before.

If this woman does not come through on wanting her, I will -have- to find her a new home, and quickly. If transport can be arranged, i'm happy to take the first leg in whichever direction. I can only do about two hours, though, as my car isn't exactly the most reliable piece of work.

Melanie - she's totally sassy. She definitely does have that "make me" kind of attitude, but seems to be willing enough to listen. She's just going to, I believe, be one that tests the limits. A lot.

And I'm not saying that to scare anyone off, I just want folks to know what they'd be getting into.

Annnnnnd she's awake, so I must run. Bye!

You know, RDM, she'd totally match all of your pups. She's got all their colors going on in her splotchiness.... :rolleyes:

And, really.... Four Woofs and a Woo sounds just as cool.

AGH! I hate you now. Put her on a plane and just make my torture complete.

Why oh why did I ever adopt Tweed, the evilbeastfromhell? (Just kidding) (maybe)

Four Woofs and Woo actually sounds better. Is it wrong to rearrange your life to accommodate catchiness in your blog link??

RDM

Still haven't heard from the lady-who-wanted-the-puppy. I've been calling the little brat Eilidh. (that's a long Ay then lee...Ay-lee) I think. Anyway. Doesn't matter. She's also hell-beast and "get that out of your mouth!" and ....well, you know the drill.

I am not attached.

Someone please save me from the puppy.

Melanie? RDM has a Woo. You need Hell-Beast. or RDM, you need a Fourth Woof. Flip a coin?

She's chewing on my art textbook right now, so I have to go save it.

(She's sweet, honestly! And oh so pretty. Red head with blue eyes, you know. Gorgeous. Fluffy. Cute. *cries* I'll buy the stamps!!)

ETA: Poor Woo!! See, he needs a puppy to pick on!!