BC Boards

Wow! Very cool - - don't think I have seen a whole team of borders - that's great!!! They all have such a unique look and the personality of each almost jumps off the screen - welcome to you and hope you stick around and continue to share with us!

A 'kid at heart' :rolleyes: - - Maggie, Tess and Roz

Sarah

First of all Welcome to the BC boards.

WoW what a fantastic team of dogs you have,very very impressive.

It is sooo refreshing to see a 16 yr old with so much dedication and responsibility that they take on 9 BCs and do such a marvelous job with them.

Your enthusiasm for what you are about exudes from your words as well as your pictures.

You go girl,big KUDO's to you.

Are there many BCs involved in dogsledding?

Your team is the first that I have heard of.

I would love to hear more about this venue for the breed.

Isn't the record for dock jumping held by a BC?

Beautiful pack you have there.

Sarah, those are an impressive group of dogs you have, and you are one impressive girl!!! The pics of Chord are so cool! Your sign in name really does say it all! I can just imagine the thrill you must have behind such awesome dogs racing through the snow! WOW!

Welcome to the board! Please tell us more about your great pack! And lots of pics. We love pics!

Wow, thanks everyone! I feel so welcome. :D Let me try to answer everyone....

IronHorse, thank you for the kind words. There aren't too many BC teams, but they are out there! More skijoring BCs than sledding ones. You can skijor with just one dog. Here's a Yahoo group dedicated to BC sled teams: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCSledDog/

Border Collies make awesome sleddogs because they always give their best! They are fast, smart, and exel in the cold and heat. I must say, it is easier to exercise five dogs than one at a time! If anyone wants some help getting started in this awesome sport, let me know and I'll do what I can!

The Big Air DD record is 28'10", set by a greyhound/coonhound mix named Country. Border Collies sure are up there though!

Anda, why thank you. Your dog is beautiful too!

Caroline, SoloRiver's dog does look like my Will (the red standard-marked boy).

Thanks, Heidi. I thought just one BC was trouble too before the rest came along! Two is easier than one, but nine isn't. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Natalie. I plan to stick around for a while. :D

Thanks, Abbies_mumma. I'm homeschooled, so I can be with the dogs in-between lessons!

Thanks Mark; I'm glad to be here.

Cheri, I'll have to post some more later. :D

Kris, they sure do! I also run them on a 3-wheeled cart in the Spring and Fall.

Thanks Dixie_Girl. I will be sure to post more pictures. You can mush too, whether you have one dog or ten! The bond between a musher and team is 'unBRAKEable'. BMTO (barking my tail off). :D

Zorra's Pappy, pretty much all I'm interested in is dogs, so it makes it pretty easy!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

-----------------

Sarah and the Team