BC Boards

Just had my first PetSmart experience!

I am never allowed to go there again! LOL! I could have spent all night there. I've never seen a pet store like it before in my life! I only spent $30 and got 2 toys for Tiga. I can't wait to give them to him when I go home in a few weeks! One of them is a talking treat ball that I can record my voice on so that when I leave again after Christmas, he can hear my voice for the remaining 5 months that I'll be gone. What a great place!

PetSmart is great! :D Lol I should be banned :rolleyes: I spend so much there lol just on toys and stuff for my small animals (rats and bird) I go crazy, it's awful. You should have to have a license to go to PetSmart ;D lol

I love PetCo. I have only been to a PetSmart once. It was pretty cool. They have more little stuff than PetCo. I can't wait until I get my dog and take him in there.

I go to PetsMart and PetCo at least once a month. But I have to take Fergie with me. No spur of the moment trips for us. I could never justify the smells - even if I brought home a bag of dog cookies - if Fergie had not been along on the trip.

If Maggie Cat ever carches on to the trip benefits, I'm in deep yoghurt.

I Have taken Lexy in before she was all over the place and amazed at how many balls there were!! (PetsMart and in Pet co.) However we just adopted Ky and we took both of them in there as a stop on our way home from picking him up. Thought we could get them each a toy. Yeah Well I guess it was adoption day because there was millions of dogs in cages and all over the place plus the classes that they have. Some lady come up to us and was like Ohh look twins ( because they look soo much alike). Needless to say we left really quick Ky was scared (even though he come from a home that had 17 dogs there) and lexy over excited trying to smell every person and dog in sight.

I've been in a couple of Petco's, but I really liked PetSmart a lot better. I found they had more selection of toys. They had a training class going on when I was there, but no BC's. :rolleyes: I do have to go back today because the batteries in the talking treat ball aren't working so I have to exchange it. Could be a bad thing for my wallet. lol.

YESSS! We're going to Fort Collins, CO tomorrow and I found out there's a Petsmart right there! I can't wait.

I'm going, I'm going.

My two totally enjoy everything about Petco - - we have both but we tend to go more to Petco than Petsmart - - I am thankful they have paper towels and spray at the ends of the aisles as my Tess tends to be a marker - - a female no less :rolleyes: - - they both have a blast picking out a new toy!!

Hahahah WyoBC - the trip to Ft Collins - ALWAYS a plus!!! I lived in Saratoga for 9 yrs and we would go into the fort every now and again to find out what the current music was!!! LOLOL!! Wyoming is a gorgeous place to be - - I miss a lot of things about it except the wind!!

I have to be careful in those places. Freya will pull a toy off the shelf, take it right up to the register and put it on the counter. I swear if I gave her money she would know how to shop! Thank goodness she hasn't figured out how to hold more than one toy in her mouth at once! I can't leave those places without spending money I should not be spending!

Well it turns out that I didn't get to go. I spent to much time in Cheyenne at the tack stores. Anyway I guess I'll go down there when I get my BC. I'll settle with PetCo for now.

Liz, that is pretty funny!!

Dazzle LOVES the place, but the big fish tanks they have at doggie eye-level (with big Doggie-size fish inside) scare her to death. :rolleyes: She HATES going down and looking at fish-stuff.

Her favorite spot is the bones, and of course (as Ouzo does) she loves the tennis balls and frisbees! (notice from Ouzo's picture that they are in the SAME SPOT!! WOW!!) :D:D

oooohh gotta love after christmas sales! our petsmart has not existed long enugh for me to check theirs out but I know Petcetra has a great after christmas sale!..ok somebody stop me, I cant afford it. ..but,but.. I have to go to Petsmart cause Misty got a certificate for a free toy from them for her birthday. me? walk out of there with only 1 free toy? ya right!

Kat, the ball-frisbee stand is always a favorite. He picks up toys and shows them to me "This one! This one", but he hasn't figure out the checkout process yet (thank god!)

He hasn't seen the fishtanks, since they are oposite from the dog area. I have to keep Ouzo away from the rodents' cages, ever since my husband, who still hopes we'll maybe get another guinea pig, showed him the hamsters and chinchillas. Oh, mama... He was ready to scratch the windows to get to the poor scarred hamsters. I pulled him out of there in an instant, before any inocent furry creature would have a heart atack :rolleyes:

However, I end up buying him more toys from Big Lots, Walmart and Target, just because of the prices. Too bad he doesn't get to come inside :D

Ahhh Petsmart...... I like Petsmart, when I do not get kicked out.....

There was this Cockatou in there, peach in color VERY VERY beautiful bird. I walked by, it whistled at me, so I went back and naturally started having a one sided conversation with it. It would repeat a word or two and I would laugh, I noticed employees walking by as I had been chatting with the bird for a good 30 min. but everytime I would try to leave that darn bird would call me back. By the time an employee told me that just maybe I was making the bird a little unruley, the bird was laughing EXACTLY the same way I laugh. Had I had just a spare $1800.00 in pocket spending money that day I would have owned a peach colored Cockatou.

Petsmart is overpriced! A soft frisbee costs $20 where I could get the same one for under $5. I buy all the toys at the walmart or target.

I still go there just to socialize Jazzy and I buy something really cheap so that she gets a cookie or two at the cashier :rolleyes:

We took (4 of us) a one-day class at Petsmart. It was a frisbee class. It was so lame. We thought we were going to play frisbee outside, it turned out we were in one of those little 15x16 pen, pretending like we were throwing a frisbee. :eek: My husband refuses to go to dog training since then.

We don't have Petsmart (UK) but do have Pets at Home and that is also an Aladins cave. My two LOVE going there -- Ross for the toys -- Kerrie for what titbits she can find from broken/open boxes (very embarrasing !!). Try not to go too often 'cos I end up buying toys that we REALLY don't need. Colette, Kerrie and Ross