BC Boards

rain rain go away!!

Is anyone else on the east coast sick of the rain? We are so water logged that I have a small pond in my yard. The dogs are losing it as are the people who are stuck in the house trying to amuse them.

It's like a catch 22 keep them in here or send them out to get soaking wet and muddy then try to figure out what to do with them till they dry.

Well Im going to disagree. . .to a point.

Thank God we finally got some rain! The flooding up north a ways is not so good, but man did we need the rain. We've had some strong storms and showers on and off for a few days now. Its been a good, refreshing rain for us!

Yes, I am getting weary of the rain. The dogs are getting tired of staying in the house. At least we have had no flooding here at home. Three weeks ago we were in the Four Corners area (UT, CO, NM, AZ). People there would gladly take some rain if they could get it. An article in the Durango Herald quoted an 80-year-old farmer as saying that the current drought there was the worst has has seen in his lifetime.

Yep - we'll take some of that rain over here in Oz please. Lots of places are very, very dry. We've only had a couple of good falls all year so far here in south-eastern Tasmania - it's crazy having to water the garden in the middle of winter, but some of the plants are looking very thirsty.

I'm with prosperia. We need all the rain we can get. We were almost a foot in deficit for this year - not counting how far below normal we were by January 1. So, I am willing to have to dry my week's aundry in the dryer today. Let's get those reservoirs and aquifers full!

We could use some of your rain here in WA. You would have though we would ever need rain up here? It is also 90 degrees here (no kidding) and way hotter then we are used to! (we are used to about 60-70 this time of year)

Please! Give US some rain! :rolleyes:

Isn't the weather getting stranger and stranger? We had the mildest shortest winter yet in Central PA, andour summer has been quiter weird to say the least. We actually had a tornado watchc last week from storms just ripping through-right here in this little town of Mifflinburg(I think it was the first time ever on the map for the news)We have alot of mountains around this town, so it did blow right by, missing us as it went thru and up north, but sheesh!!! As for the rain, I am with all of you that are tired of it and would gladly send it to those in need and share some of it....we got our fill!!!

I am tired of the rain but they say we through Friday to deal with the storms.

There has been flooding out my way. The other day there was a mud slide on the Beltway (thankfully I don't drive this). Streets are closed because of the standing water in the streets so that makes getting to work oh so much fun... My yard is waterlogged, the dogs are wimps and don't want to go out and they are driving me crazy.

The other night I was driving in the storms and lightening was hitting just feet from me. Last week our internet cable box in the backyard was hit by lightening (it runs the internet and cable for a few folks in the neighborhood). At least the house wasn't hit.

Please someone take these storms from us.

I think I saw a Coast Guard cutter pass me on I-91 on my way into work a couple of days ago, and my neighbors are building an ark in their backyard. It did stop raining in Connecticut for a short while on Sunday. This strange light appeared in the sky; I thought it was an evil omen, but DW tells me it was something called the "sun" (whatever that is). We have been fortunate in occasionally having a brief break in the rain, relaced by a light mist, which gives me a chance to take the girls for a quick walk (and drying them off thoroughly when we get home). But they are getting stir-crazy...

We're getting pretty much pounded here. Like Nancy says, though, we need it BAD! We were already well in deficit going into this year, so its a much needed thing.

However, just on a personal level, UNCLE!!!! My back yard looks like a jungle - but the rain hasn't let up long enough to dry the weeds... er... grass enough to mow. In areas its taller than Zippy and Mitzi. :rolleyes:

I have no problems as long as it isnt a cold rain. Nothing worse than being cold and wet. As far as the weather being strange. . .well the weather often changes radically from one day to the next here in central VA, so maybe Im just accustomed.

Just think, if we didnt have this rain, we'd probably all be tired and complaining of the blasted heat and swealtering humidity.

Laura, send some of your Greensboro rain to Cabarrus County! My boys were at Wet 'n Wild last Thursday and we drove home in a deluge, mile after mile. Got home and we only had .12 inches! We did get almost half an inch yesterday and .8 today, but if you want to share, direct some rain down I-85 South! We were on mandatory water conservation for several years.