BC Boards

Help find the scum that did this!

I hope the rotten Bast*** gets the book thrown at him...and then some. Hopefully, someone caught him on a cell phone and he will be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. I'm going to post the link on some other boards..let's hope the power of the internet will track him down!!

ETA...just posted it on my Facebook site....if it gets the same coverage as the riots in Vancouver...well, I think he's in big trouble!

I was just coming over here to post the same link.

Besides tracking the SOB down, let's see what we can do to help out with the vet bills. If enough people just pitch in a few $....

There's a phone number at the end of the article, and vet bills are already at $7,000. How about we in the stockdog community lending a few bucks to help brave Maggie out?

My thought, anyhow.

Otherwise I feel like driving over the mountains tomorrow with a shotgun ....

~ Gloria

gloria, a shotgun is too good for the scum. you must give this more creative thinking. then, we will go!

I try to remind myself that these are really sick people. Otherwise I would probably blow them away with a shotgun myself.

There are some people in this world that I could watch get run over by a semi and just shrug and turn around and walk away. I try to keep it under control.

Aside from my sympathy for Maggie and anger at the idiot who hit her, I feel so sorry for her owner. Not only the emotional impact but the financial impact from Maggie's injuries, loss of her services (at least this year, maybe for good) and the injuries to his cattle.

... a shotgun is too good for the scum. you must give this more creative thinking. then, we will go!

How about running over the scum? ... with both front and back tires!!

I hope to hear that this "person" has been located. Will someone be able to provide an update? With the # of people around the area of the incident (at least that is how I read the story), I hope that someone had the presence of mind to get a license plate.

Jovi

I have seen a few more stories on this linked here and here One of the people commenting on the first story was there and indicated that there were not many local witnesses in the spot where it happened.

They also indicated that they know who it is and are waiting on the police to follow up.

Here is a story from the Auburn Journal that includes more details and a picture of the dog before the horrifying incident. A pretty tri.

Herding dog, cattle and ranchers attacked

I called the vet clinic where Maggie is being treated. There has been an outpouring of support, and I'm glad to hear it and participate in it, because it makes a statement: A great many of us want to help and are horrified by the actions of that sorry excuse for a human. What a disgusting coward. Hope he is caught and punished to the max.

This is Maggie, from the Auburn Journal article. Heal well, girl!

13089538368fa9-M.jpg

What a disgusting coward. Hope he is caught and punished to the max.

This is Maggie, from the Auburn Journal article. Heal well, girl!

13089538368fa9-M.jpg

The problem is, "the max" is usually just a slap on the wrist. :angry:

Best wishes for a complete recovery for beautiful Maggie.

As for the person that did this.... karma is a b!tch.

Perhaps because of the outpouring of support and generosity for this dog, the justice system will weight this heinous act more severely.

KCRA-TV reports that Phillip is being held on $100,000 bail in the Sierra County Jail in Downieville on charges of assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism and animal cruelty.

Glad they caught the guy, but if he hadn't threatened human lives, I doubt the bail would be so high for injuring the poor dog; animal cruelty is last in the list of offenses. :(

I would think that trying to hit a horse and rider would carry some weight as aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon (the car), even if running over Maggie doesn't carry much weight.

J.

Looks like in this case it did. I hope this becomes a trend.

We had a woman here with a grudge against a stable owner who was deliberately trying to spook the childrens' horses with her truck - racing up beside the kids, causing her truck to backfire beside them, forcing them into ditches, etc. Finally a horse-savvy policeman arrested the cow and charged her with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. But the horse-clueless magistrate knocked it down to breach of peace or something stupid like that.

I'm thrilled Maggie is recovering, her care is paid for, and the bad guys are caught.

I hope that he gets the maximum penalties and fines and that the rest of his life is ruined by having those convictions follow him everywhere. People like that go on to actually hurt and kill humans if they aren't dealt with on the first offense.

Archived