BC Boards

I hate to say I told ya so but...

...which makes no since at all actually lol either way that cant legally sell their puppies as purebred if the puppies are not registered with the CBCA.

Well, I don't think anyone is going to arrest you for selling ABCA-registered border collies in Canada. Look in any newspaper classified section - there are scores of "PB" puppies of all breeds that are sold without "papers". I know of a few (Canadian-bred) litters who were registered ABCA for various reasons. For example, CBCA will not register a litter that was conceived via AI.

Of all the bizarre things written on that Triple T website, the least troubling aspect to me is that they register their litters with ABCA.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh I didnt find that troubling at all lol, nobody really cares about that law unless someone make a direct complaint, if you look in any paper half the dogs are "unregistered purebreds" which while, Illegal, unless someone complains they wont do anything..its only the big buisness' like Petland that follow to the letter, and all unregistered purebred are listed as "*breed* TYPE" and if you walk into the store, no employee will say the word "purebred" in reference to an unregistered dog lol.

Lucky update:

Besides his OCD issues he's doing well. His problem is he tries to herd different things which is what got him in trouble the first time. At first it was the cat. Following her around in a crouch. We can usually redirect his focus pretty easily in the house. Yesterday we went to an open field to enjoy the snow and he redirected his OCD onto Gunnar. Chasing and nipping type thing. Outside it's difficult to impossible to redirect his focus with just his recall, so he ended up back on the leash pretty quickly. Any advice on how to fix this? I'm thinking a long lead but then you still run into the issue of not being able to stop and redirect his focus when he's far away.

Here's some new photos from yesterday.

He is fast! and loves to run. IMG_7195.jpg

He had a blast in the snow.

IMG_7201.jpg

"I love you Gunnar!" "Get away from me kid..."

IMG_7194.jpg

I'll post some post surgey photos on Tuesday.

Sorry these are so dark. I wasn't patient with the manual settings yesterday.

Looks like he's fitting in pretty well - he sure is a lucky dog!

I'd work with him one on one for a while when you're outside and not let him run around with the others until you've got better focus from him in stimulating situations. Do you have an outdoor enclosed area you can go to with just one of your dogs and practice with him? Or maybe just bring one other dog out, keep him on a long line, keep things low key and work on redirecting as needed.

Poor Gunnar! Have patience, buddy. :rolleyes:

I also commend you for stepping in both times you did, a year ago and now. I would bet the redirecting is just going to take a lot of consistency on your part - but he should get it! Thanks for helping this guy!

Thanks everyone, it's very nice to see so much encouragement. Steven really appreciates it too. I'll say, Gunnar has more patience than I do. We do have a fence so maybe I'll try bringing out Rhea with just him and work on his recall and what not. I'm also hoping him getting neutered will calm down his OCD a little. Maybe without all those hormones running amuck he'll listen a leeeetle better. Though I'll be honest he is one of the very best intact males I have ever met and I bet he would have had any issues at all if he was worked on from puppyhood by someone that understood border collies.

Anywho, tomorrows the big day! I'll let you all know how it goes.

To redirect his focus on a long leash use a Halti! Fantastic things, it will give you the ability to turn his head away and pull him in. Simply don't accept the behavior in the first place, he will soon learn to run with the big dogs he must act like one. :rolleyes: Good Luck he is beautiful!

Post op photos! He's pretty irritated with his nice yellow collar. He feels it really gets in the way of his beloved pass time of ball licking. Right now he's semi asleep at our feet.

"I won't look at you, you suck"

IMG_7212.jpg

::sigh:: "Why...."

IMG_7214.jpg

"You evil woman you did his to me!"

IMG_7216.jpg

That's funny. I'm glad he has such a good home now. It sounds like he's doing much better now. Teebo feels for you! Here's to a quick 2 weeks!!

Um, I don't think it's the yellow collar that got in the way of his ball licking, since he now no longer has any to lick....

Rex got neutered a few weeks ago. He didn't need to wear a cone, but the odd time his nose ventured down there, he kind of gave a start and then looked at me like "Say, have you seen my balls? No? Could I have a cookie then?" Poor little guy, I think he's kind of itchy because they shaved 'down there' and it's starting to grow back. The hair, not the balls. Balls growing back, now that would be creepy.

Rex got neutered a few weeks ago. He didn't need to wear a cone, but the odd time his nose ventured down there, he kind of gave a start and then looked at me like "Say, have you seen my balls? No? Could I have a cookie then?" Poor little guy, I think he's kind of itchy because they shaved 'down there' and it's starting to grow back. The hair, not the balls. Balls growing back, now that would be creepy.

:rolleyes::D

J.

Ha that would be creepy. Yeah Rhea and Gunnar never needed a cone either but Lucky...I've never met a dog more intent on licking his wounds. And for some reason petsmart things all dogs have snub noses b/c their E-collars are all too short for our pups. Granted I didn't step up to the extra extra large yet...I don't think it'll fit around his neck. Anywho, we had to abandon the collar idea since he was able to find a way to lick and instead dressed him in 2 shirts...attached at the bottoms...so one neckhole was for his neck and the other was for his tail type thing. We'll see if this works. I think we used an entire box of large safety pins on his outfit...should be fun to get it off to let him pee...

...and instead dressed him in 2 shirts...attached at the bottoms...so one neckhole was for his neck and the other was for his tail type thing. We'll see if this works. I think we used an entire box of large safety pins on his outfit...

OK, you MUST take a picture of that outfit!

OK, you MUST take a picture of that outfit!

Happy to!!

Here's lucky in his big onsie! The bottom shirt in a youth size Army shirt that my dad gave me. The top is a shirt I got from the Italian Club I helped run in college. Enjoy

IMG_7218.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg