BC Boards

River needs board mojo

I'm a little late getting into here but I'll still throw in my good wishes. I hope she gets better soon. That has to hurt :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

River's eye did it again. Same thing. The inner part from the inner corner and the outer corner - the normally kinda clearish white is all inflamed and red and swollen, covering her eyeball itself so she only has a little hole to see out of... if her eyelid itself wasn't actually closed from swelling. UGH, and it's Christmas eve.

All the dogs were out this morning for a few hours and when I called them in, her eye was like that. Could this be a allergy of some kind? There's nothing new in my yard. I did recently switch her to EVO beef flavor a few weeks back - from Merrick Chicken.

I still have the steriod drops, so I'm using those...

Its possibly an allergy but it would usually effect both the eyes. Are there any low hanging bushes that the dogs run through that she might have nicked her eye on? Also letting the eye tear and be red is the way the body gets rid of stuff in it, so as bad as it might look its just doing its job. I agree with Julie though she should see the eye doctor if it doesn't go away by tomorrow night, you should try to get her to see one.

Possible bushes but we don't have many and those that aren't against the house aren't very leafy right now.

I do also have sterile saline. I plan to use that as well. I'm definitely going to the vet on Weds if the eye doesn't right itself. We'll discuss an eye vet at that point I suppose. This is a new vet for me, although one of the vets in the office was my large animal (horse) vet, so I've used the office, just not the small vet folk very often. I just didn't feel comfortable going to Banfield anymore with the high turnover of vets they've had over the last 7 years.